Upgrading R7 250

Jul 11, 2018
First of all, sorry for my bad english, I want to upgrade my R7 250 2GB, my cpu is fx 6300, 8gb ram, and corsair vs450, i have looking at rx 560, is that a good choise?

Solution
there are two flavours of rx 560. make sure you get the more powerful one

one has 16cu with 1024 stream processor and other has 14cu with 896 sp. 14cu one is gernally cheaper, but you won't know for sure unless you pay attention to the specs.

also, if your psu is very low end, get a rx560 without the 6pin power connector. the power consumption for rx560 is between 60~80w, so some model requires 6pin connector. to ensure minimal efforts, choose the model with no 6pin connector, it's also easier to install, just swap the cards and you are done.
there are two flavours of rx 560. make sure you get the more powerful one

one has 16cu with 1024 stream processor and other has 14cu with 896 sp. 14cu one is gernally cheaper, but you won't know for sure unless you pay attention to the specs.

also, if your psu is very low end, get a rx560 without the 6pin power connector. the power consumption for rx560 is between 60~80w, so some model requires 6pin connector. to ensure minimal efforts, choose the model with no 6pin connector, it's also easier to install, just swap the cards and you are done.

Solution

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
Even with an upgraded GPU the CPU is going to hold it back.

There are Pentiums out right now that heavily outperform the FX 6300

I would get a little more of a modest GPU until you can afford a CPU upgrade, by that time there will be far superior GPU's out for cheaper anyways.