Upgrading ram 8=16 in budget setup

Jul 30, 2018
[Moderator Note: Moved post to PC Gaming.]

I'm only gaming on my budget pc with the following specs

8gb ddr4 2400mhz
Intel g4560
Gtx 1050ti

I was thinking of buying another 8gb stick to boost my fortnite fps cause i kept getting 120-130 fps on my 144hz monitor. So my question is will it help me to get 144fps or more? Or will it just gain little to no difference. I'm on a budget so i can't really upgrade anything except for the ram. This video inspired me to buy it. Thanks

https://youtu.be/HsNjKk__80E

Solution
I doubt adding another stick of 8gb will do anything to improve fortnites performance, adding more RAM will only help performance if you are using all of what you have. Fortnite does not use anywhere near 8gb of RAM, it recommends 8gb and will run with as little as 4gb,

Fortnite is not BF1, it's not nearly as demanding. Adding more RAM will help in BF1 because it will actually use more than 8gb of system ram if available.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
I doubt adding another stick of 8gb will do anything to improve fortnites performance, adding more RAM will only help performance if you are using all of what you have. Fortnite does not use anywhere near 8gb of RAM, it recommends 8gb and will run with as little as 4gb,

Fortnite is not BF1, it's not nearly as demanding. Adding more RAM will help in BF1 because it will actually use more than 8gb of system ram if available.

Solution