upgrading ram for laptop

Dec 13, 2021
so i have a dell latitude 7280 i bought off auction for nice deal. It turns out it is sold without memory because the led blinks twice amber and thrice white. This is ok, not a problem something i expected. All I want to know is wether or not i can just use any SODIMM ram. I know that it is DDR4 and the propreitary memory uprades sold by dell run at 2666Mhz, so if i buy any ram with these specs then it should be no problem right?

Obviously I dont want to buy from dell because they are charging 150eur for one 16gb module.

Dec 13, 2021
this is too expensive crucial, i want to buy something from ebay nice price. Thats why i asked question i already saw this crucial thing, all i want to know is if there is any other factor which effect wether i can use in my laptop or not

as far as i know , if its ddr4 and 2666mhz then it should be ok but i just want to confirm with you.

Dec 13, 2021
come on guys you should know about computers, i am asking which factors affect compatibility, dont just google search for me this does not help one bit. I better get a useful answer soon or i will ask bleeping computer forum instead.

In addition to speed, voltage, format, and timings, there can be issues such as single/dual rank construction.
Is your processor Intel or ryzen?
Ryzen tends to be more sensitive to ram.
Look at the detailed specs of whatever crucial supported as an upgrade and buy the same specs as close as you can.
Most of the time such a purchase will work.

You might check the similar Kingston upgrade app to see if the specs they suggest are identical.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Dec 13, 2021
the manufacturer memory module is ddr4, non ECC, 2666Mhz running 1.2v, so as long as its runs like this then all good. then im ok to assume that it will work?, if not then i can always return.

Its a dell latitude 7280.

TRENDING THREADS