Question Upgrading RAM from 32GB - do I need to buy a whole new kit?

Enzoxs

Reputable
Jun 10, 2020
www.zerotoningarms.co.uk
Hi guys,

Looking for some advice as I've realised I need to upgrade my RAM. It's usage is too high and I experience slow down, sometimes even crashes. I'd like to install another 16GB ideally. I currently have 2 X 16GB 3600mhz, but I have two spare DIMM slots.

I believe it's this kit I have. If I was to get something like this, this or this, am I likely to experience issues? It'd be much more of a hassle to have to buy a 64GB kit and sell my current one.

Thanks!

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Hi guys,

Looking for some advice as I've realised I need to upgrade my RAM. It's usage is too high and I experience slow down, sometimes even crashes. I'd like to install another 16GB ideally. I currently have 2 X 16GB 3600mhz, but I have two spare DIMM slots.

I believe it's this kit I have. If I was to get something like this, this or this, am I likely to experience issues? It'd be much more of a hassle to have to buy a 64GB kit and sell my current one.

Thanks!
Have you actually verified that you are running out of RAM? 32GB is typically more than enough unless you are video editing or running VMs.