Upgrading RAM on an ageing ASUS P/I-P55T2P4

Hello,

I plan to upgrade the RAM on my secondary system, an ASUS P/I-P55T2P4
motherboard from 1997 with a P200MMX. AFAICT, this motherboard takes EDO
72-pin SIMMs.

1. I'm confused about voltage. Apparently there are 5V and 3.3V EDO
SIMMs. Which one do I want? I've heard it is physically impossible to
insert one instead of the other. Is it obvious to tell them apart just
by looking at them?

2. I'm really confused about refresh rates, 2K, 4K, 8K and all that
mumbo-jumbo. I've been told that mixing two pairs of SIMMs with
different refresh rates will make the system unstable. Is that true? Is
it easy to tell the difference between the different refresh rates?

e.g. http://www.avanttechnology.com/72_pin_simms.html

http://www.dewassoc.com/performance/memory/faq_memory.htm#20

<quote>
For the general PC application the 2K device works fine. The 4K device
offers no advantage. Note that this is not the case for asynchronous
DRAM where there truly is a difference in addressing between 2K and 4K.
</quote>

--
Regards, Grumble

Went to Crucial.com and plugged in your make and model. This is what came
up.

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?Mfr%2BProductline=ASUS%2B+Motherboards&mfr=ASUS&tabid=CR&model=P%2FI-P55TVP4&submit=Go