[SOLVED] Upgrading Ram, whats better to do?

bropeasley

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014
Im sure this has been asked 1000 times before, so im sorry in advance if I missed my answer but I currently have 2x sticks of 4gb Hyperx fury (2133) installed in my pc and I would like to add more.. is it fine to add 2x 8g hyperx fury (2133) or 2x 16g, or is it best to just replace the 2x 4's? Thanks in advance

Solution
What CPU and motherboard is this for? Depending on the processor, it's possible that you might be better off with faster RAM than that. DDR4-2133 up through DDR4-3200 all tend to cost about the same, so you are probably best off going for the highest speed that your system can support, to get optimal performance out of it.
Im sure this has been asked 1000 times before, so im sorry in advance if I missed my answer but I currently have 2x sticks of 4gb Hyperx fury (2133) installed in my pc and I would like to add more.. is it fine to add 2x 8g hyperx fury (2133) or 2x 16g, or is it best to just replace the 2x 4's? Thanks in advance
Best thing to do is replace the 2x4GB with 2x8GB for 16 total or 2x16 for 32 total.

What CPU and motherboard is this for? Depending on the processor, it's possible that you might be better off with faster RAM than that. DDR4-2133 up through DDR4-3200 all tend to cost about the same, so you are probably best off going for the highest speed that your system can support, to get optimal performance out of it.

Solution
Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Adding extra memory to existing memory, regardless of it being exact match, identical, have no guarantee to be compatible with existing memory.

You can make any combinations you want and do your own compatibility testing with no guarantees.

TRENDING THREADS