[SOLVED] Upgrading ram

spyguy

Honorable
Dec 3, 2017
Anything to know about upgrading ram? Im upping to 32gb of ddr4 from 16. I dont think I can fit 2 more sticks of in because of my aio, so ill have to go with two new sticks of 16gb instead of 2 more sticks of 8gb. Ill get the same brand and speed, is it as simple as swap em out and boot? I know I have to place the first stick in the second lane and then the fourth.

Solution
It is best to get a new kit anyway. Mixing kits is not guaranteed to work without issues so a new kit is the safest option. There is nothing to know, it is a simple swap. If you are running XMP/DOCP you will need to go into the BIOS and switch it on again. If you do have any problems after changing I would expect a clear CMOS to fix it.
It is best to get a new kit anyway. Mixing kits is not guaranteed to work without issues so a new kit is the safest option. There is nothing to know, it is a simple swap. If you are running XMP/DOCP you will need to go into the BIOS and switch it on again. If you do have any problems after changing I would expect a clear CMOS to fix it.

Solution