Jan 30, 2020
so current setup be like
2k monitor 165 hz
1070ti
16 gb ram 3333hz
i7-8086k limited edition overclocked to 4.7
mid sized tower 3 fans
i dont care about RGB

ive played on a semi pro level for years and i always try to get the best for my pc,
but also nothing where im just spending money for minimal gain.

im trying to upgrade my tower from this midsized airflow case i found on this site 2 or so years ago, to a full sized optimal airflow. i would pref black i dont care about RGB fans and all that shiz.
and suggestions would be amazing.
also trying to go from 16 gb ram to 32, and would like suggestions on what ram to upgrade to.
and what gfx card to upgrade too!

i currently get about 110 fps in apex legends playing on 2k with everything down low. im looking to get 165 constant. (aside from dropping off the airship at the start)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Make and model of your motherboard? If you want to perform a ram upgrade, either go for a ram kit or the exact same kit of ram you currently have, i.e another 2x8GB kit with the same specs or a 4x8GB kit.

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update as well.

As for the case, we will need more info on that. You generically stated mid-sized tower 3 fans. The chassis should have a make and model. To add, you also forgot to mention the budget you have for your (assumed necessary)upgrades, your location and your preferred site for purchase.

Diddly

Distinguished
Do you need to upgrade to 32GB?? 16GB is the sweetspot right now, you could try going for 3600 RAM instead of 3333. If you want to go for 32GB, look for samsung b-die chips, single rank tend to be faster (IIRC). As for GFX card you want at least 165/110 increase - so roughly 50% quicker than a 1070ti. This puts it in the 2080/2080ti range perhaps. they're very expensive you could consider getting another 1070ti and using SLI? if your motherboard supports it.

Last edited:

snekyninja

Reputable
Jan 30, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Make and model of your motherboard? If you want to perform a ram upgrade, either go for a ram kit or the exact same kit of ram you currently have, i.e another 2x8GB kit with the same specs or a 4x8GB kit.

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update as well.

As for the case, we will need more info on that. You generically stated mid-sized tower 3 fans. The chassis should have a make and model. To add, you also forgot to mention the budget you have for your (assumed necessary)upgrades, your location and your preferred site for purchase.
none of that matters man.
the make and model of my current case means NOTHING.
i obv need a atx case via my stats ive given for my rig. and thats the most generic advice for ram, im not a fkin noob. i know ALOT about this <Mod Edit>. i want to know recommendations on specific rams, and such., not just hey get a kit man
all i care about is optimal AIRFLOW and FULLSIZED case. idc what brand it is, as long as its quality.

Last edited by a moderator:

snekyninja

Reputable
Jan 30, 2020
Do you need to upgrade to 32GB?? 16GB is the sweetspot right now, you could try going for 3600 RAM instead of 3333. If you want to go for 32GB, look for samsung b-die chips, single rank tend to be faster (IIRC). As for GFX card you want at least 165/110 increase - so roughly 50% quicker than a 1070ti. This puts it in the 2080/2080ti range perhaps. they're very expensive you could consider getting another 1070ti and using SLI? if your motherboard supports it.

yea , well at 16 gb with apex legends in the back ground im using like 70% ram usage,
based on everything ive read and found online i was thinking 2080super , cuz its not toooo expensive and its cheaper than the 2080 for some reason.. lol
the cost of another 1070 ti + the SLI bridge would be100 less than the 2080, and i guess i would get a little more preformance, maby? idk i found the 1070 ti is about 40% worse than 2080 super, so i guess 2 of them would be better than a 2080 super...barley? but i cant find any posts anywhere online to back this up