saksham_gupta

Honorable
Jun 27, 2014
I have Dell Inspiron 7559 laptop with 128GB SSD, Intel core i7 processor (6th gen.), 1 TB hard drive and 16GB of RAM.
I want to upgrade the SSD and also possibly the HDD on the laptop.
What is the max capacity SSD I can install and also I don't want to loose the genuine windows came with stock. So is there any way to clone the windows onto the new SSD?

Solution
Your laptop, I think takes 2.5" sata drives.
The largest available will be 4tb.
The easy way to change out the windows drive is to buy a Samsung ssd of the capacity you need.
Use the Samsung ssd migration app to move your windows C drive to the new ssd.
Here is a link to the software and instructions:
When done, replace the original 120gb ssd with the new.
You will have no worries about windows or activation.
You may need to use a usb to sata adapter cable to do the copy.

As to the HDD, You may need to use a clone utility like macrium reflect.
Your laptop, I think takes 2.5" sata drives.
The largest available will be 4tb.
The easy way to change out the windows drive is to buy a Samsung ssd of the capacity you need.
Use the Samsung ssd migration app to move your windows C drive to the new ssd.
Here is a link to the software and instructions:
When done, replace the original 120gb ssd with the new.
You will have no worries about windows or activation.
You may need to use a usb to sata adapter cable to do the copy.

As to the HDD, You may need to use a clone utility like macrium reflect.

Reactions: saksham_gupta
Solution

popatim

Titan
You can upgrade both.
The 128GB SSD you currently have is of the M2 Sata variety. That is all your laptop supports so do not buy an NVME or PCIe variant..
The HDD is easily replaced by a normal 2,5" Sata SSD.

I assume the SSD is your boot drive, so to replace that you will need to back it up or image it first then restore it. Please make sure you have bootable media for the restore portion.

Many of us use Macrium Reflect free to image & clone drives. It has a built in utility to create bootable media with the drivers your systems needs.

Reactions: saksham_gupta

saksham_gupta

Honorable
Jun 27, 2014
You can upgrade both.
The 128GB SSD you currently have is of the M2 Sata variety. That is all your laptop supports so do not buy an NVME or PCIe variant..
The HDD is easily replaced by a normal 2,5" Sata SSD.

I assume the SSD is your boot drive, so to replace that you will need to back it up or image it first then restore it. Please make sure you have bootable media for the restore portion.

Many of us use Macrium Reflect free to image & clone drives. It has a built in utility to create bootable media with the drivers your systems needs.

But how much is the max. capacity of SSD I can install on this laptop?

Dec 8, 2019
good day guys i am a noob when it comes to this stuff, is there a step by step guide or video for this as I would like to upgrade to a large m.2 sata SSD as well

ANy and all help is welcome.

Dec 8, 2019
I have Dell Inspiron 7559 laptop with 128GB SSD, Intel core i7 processor (6th gen.), 1 TB hard drive and 16GB of RAM.
I want to upgrade the SSD and also possibly the HDD on the laptop.
What is the max capacity SSD I can install and also I don't want to loose the genuine windows came with stock. So is there any way to clone the windows onto the new SSD?
did you complete this
i need some help