Upgrading stuck/slow from Windows 7 clean

Robert-

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015
I just installed windows 7 to an ssd and the only things I've downloaded so far are chrome and the drivers off my mobo disk.

I went to upgrade to win 10 and when the 'Installing Windows 10' part came up it was on 99% for about 2 hours so i restarted my pc, the downloaded restarted but was at 80% in 5 minutes then it started going quite slow. Its now on 97 but its gone from 90 to 97 in 4 hours and has been on 97 for about an hour

Would the fact that when i installed win7 by usb i forgot to disconnect the usb so it looped the installation and i installed win7 again over the old version so now i have a 'windows old' folder. I tried to delete the windows old folder but it wouldnt let me delete some things but i did delete others. Would that mess up the download?

Solution
If you installed windows 7 first of all, then installed windows 10.

All versions of windows that super seed the version prior to it always create a backup of a set of files and folders during an upgrade from windows 7 os to windows 10 as an example.

The files contained in the windows.old folder are.
any pictures, word documents, music,or personal files that were stored in those folders from the existing os install before a upgrade was performed for each named, or set up user account setup.

So you can migrate those files to the folders created by windows 10.

It would not mess the download up of windows 10 setup and install files.
How ever if you have an Internet connection that suffers from an unreliable connection in any way it is...
If you installed windows 7 first of all, then installed windows 10.

All versions of windows that super seed the version prior to it always create a backup of a set of files and folders during an upgrade from windows 7 os to windows 10 as an example.

The files contained in the windows.old folder are.
any pictures, word documents, music,or personal files that were stored in those folders from the existing os install before a upgrade was performed for each named, or set up user account setup.

So you can migrate those files to the folders created by windows 10.

It would not mess the download up of windows 10 setup and install files.
How ever if you have an Internet connection that suffers from an unreliable connection in any way it is possible that the setup files of windows 10 upgrade procedure can become corrupted.

In such a case you would be best to download an Iso image of the windows 10 upgrade and setup install.
And use the Microsoft ISO to usb program to create a boot able version of the setup and install on the USb flash drive if the flash drive has a capacity of 16Gb or more of storage capacity.

And run the setup and upgrade to windows 10 from the usb stick.

Solution