[SOLVED] Upgrading system Ram and Cpu Cooler

*temo

Prominent
Jul 27, 2019
Would anyone point me in the right direction? I'm looking to upgrade my systems ram and cooler. My Apologies if this is the incorrect forum. I have a ThinkCentre m91p the large system with an i5 2500 and 8gb of ram they are 4 sticks 2 gigs each at 657 MHz as told by speccy. I'm looking to upgrade to the max amount of system ram at the fastest speeds. I'm also looking to change the cooler to something that might cool it more efficiently. im not looking to change the case as I'm fine with it. once again I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, I'm just looking to upgrade my ram and CPU cooler. looking to buy cheap yet trustworthy from amazon.

Solution
Do you have the Small form factor version or the tower version? You can't go any higher than DDR3-1333MHz(page 171) in terms of frequency but the capacity for ram on the motherboard, with 4 slots is 32GB. As for the cooler, I'd refrain from installing an aftermarket cooler on it. As it stands anything you're going to do on that prebuilt will only drive your return on investments towards negative.

Lutfij

Titan
Do you have the Small form factor version or the tower version? You can't go any higher than DDR3-1333MHz(page 171) in terms of frequency but the capacity for ram on the motherboard, with 4 slots is 32GB. As for the cooler, I'd refrain from installing an aftermarket cooler on it. As it stands anything you're going to do on that prebuilt will only drive your return on investments towards negative.

Solution

*temo

Prominent
Jul 27, 2019
I have the large form factor with four slots for ram. Would you happen to have a link to ram you would recommend? thanks in advance. So I should refrain from changing the cooler and keep the original cpu cooler?