[SOLVED] Upgrading system, will it work?

Jan 5, 2022
Hello,

I plan to upgrade my current system and those are the parts from my old one:

Palit GTX 1050 2GB
Be Quiet Systep Power 8 400W 80+ PSU
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD
Toshiba P300
Raijintek Arcadia White Case

My qustion is, will those parts work properly with:

i5 - 10400F
MSI H510M-A PRO
Kingston Fury Beast 16GB (2x8GB) 3200Mhz DDR4 CL16

thanks for your answers!

Solution
Yes im gonna start to read and learn about it since its my first upgrade. Maybe you can answer me:
I know I will format the ssd with windows and install a fresh one, but what about the HDD drive, I have some stuff there I dont want to lose. Is it ok to just format the ssd and leave the hdd with data?
When you install the OS on the SSD, the HDD will be physically disconnected. Connect it after the system is running on the SSD>

But really, you should have a backup of that data anyway.

Jan 5, 2022
Yes im gonna start to read and learn about it since its my first upgrade. Maybe you can answer me:
I know I will format the ssd with windows and install a fresh one, but what about the HDD drive, I have some stuff there I dont want to lose. Is it ok to just format the ssd and leave the hdd with data?

Reactions: Why_Me

USAFRet

Titan
When you install the OS on the SSD, the HDD will be physically disconnected. Connect it after the system is running on the SSD>

But really, you should have a backup of that data anyway.

Reactions: lauriston
Solution