Question Upgrading system

Feb 23, 2019
I have tried to upgrade my system but I am getting frustrated. So I bought a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 motherboard and paired it with a AMD FX 8350 CPU with 8GB DDR3 Offtek memory. When I connect everything all I get is a blank screen. The PC powers up and power is definitely running. The CPU fan spins and I am using a 800W PSU. Please help.

Feb 23, 2019
That motherboard is already 6 years old. It is possible that the cmos/bios battery has died. Have you replaced that yet?
That's not true. The motherboard I bought was a brand new (although 6 yrs old) motherboard. Only bought it like 4 weeks ago. Never been used before. So it can't be that. But u think I should clear the cmos?

That's not true. The motherboard I bought was a brand new (although 6 yrs old) motherboard. Only bought it like 4 weeks ago. Never been used before. So it can't be that. But u think I should clear the cmos?

Regardless of how long it sat in the box, it likely is around 6 years old AND that it has never been plugged in. This means it has been running that same battery for close to 6 years. Meaning that it is VERY likely that the battery on the motherboard is dead. I HIGHLY recommend changing the battery, then resetting the bios.