Question Upgrading System

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

methix0r

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
Hello I am going to upgrade my system I have already chosen a few parts but need feedback on what to get as i am unsure

Also, I will be keeping my current case which is a be quiet case I am unsure of the version I have

I will also keep my 3080 rtx

Things I will be upgrading are my CPU, Motherboard, Power supply, as well as my SSD

Motherboards Upgrade Choices
(I'm not sure if i should get ddr5 or ddr4 ram yet but it is the same price for both motherboards below if i reuse my ddr4 ram i have atm would save money)

MSI Pro Z790-A Wi-Fi DDR5 Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z790-P Wi-Fi CSM DDR5 Motherboard

Upgrading CPU Choices

Core i9 13900k

Upgrading PSU Choices

(i am unsure if either of these PSU`s can support a 3080 rtx)

Corsair HX Platinum Modular 850W Power Supply
Corsair HX1000i Platinum Modular Low Noise 1000W Power Supply

Here is the back of each PSU

https://i.gyazo.com/81a86d9e065cc38779eed5f9ca4315e5.png 1000watt
https://i.gyazo.com/0f247c8c01d92496e0ce405ccc139f05.png 850watt

Upgrading SSD Choices

(nor sure which one to get here and if new motherboards support them all

Samsung 980 PRO M.2 PCI-E Gen4 NVMe SSD 1TB
Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 2TB
Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB
Samsung 980 PRO M.2 PCI-E Gen4 NVMe SSD 2TB

Upgrading cooler choices
( i chose air coolers cause the pump died for my liquid cooling system after a few years so they are not that reliable)

Deepcool AK620 Dual Tower CPU Cooler Zero Dark Edition
be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU Cooler

methix0r

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
"I want the best available"..................That opens a can of worms.

We still don't know what you do with the PC. Scientific calculations? Crossword puzzles? I'm guessing you don't make a living with the PC. Guessing.

"Best"; "too hot".............those are all highly personal evaluations, complicated by "want".

If best means fastest, then obviously 13900k.

"too hot"............what's that? You can control heat in the BIOS. You can ignore heat. Take your pick.

You could have a bad experience regardless of what you choose. No way out of that.

Not sure what you are hoping to hear. If you are given 5 recommendations, which do you believe?

Buyer's remorse, second-guessing yourself, fear of missing out, indecision.....all of that is related to personal emotions, not hardware capabilities.

Good luck.

which would u recommend they all have decent reviews

Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360mm ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler $199
be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX 360mm ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler $249
NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooler $465

in regards to controlling the heat in the bios i wouldnt know how to do that

okay ty for the reply I was going to get it cause it is cheaper but good to know it is a decent cooler and it got good reviews here
would u happen to know how to control heat in the bios for core i9 13900k as i dont know how to do it
There are many different power options in BIOS. Basically you have to turn on the power limits to something like 125w at PL1 and 250w at PL2 and it should be fine. Its in a different, but close to the same, spot in every brands BIOS menu.

TRENDING THREADS