Question Upgrading the display of a laptop

Aug 6, 2021
Hello guys

I want to change my laptop display, cause it's 10 years old.
So can I connect an monitor to laptop as primary display using internal wiring cause I use particular applications (for example RioPlay and some other proprietary apps) which don't work with extended or mirror display attached. As soon as I plug in a display, the application makes a prompt and closes on its own. So, I want a way to avoid this and also upgrade to a newer display !

I believe that using some kind of adapter can convert the signals from internal wiring of the laptop to HDMI detectable signals

The first screenshot is taken without any screen mirroring enabled but the software blacks out that too !
On the other hand the second picture is of the external display, which is blacked out too, lol !
The third picture is of the lecture taken from a phone, just to show how it looks.

Please help

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Internal wiring, no, external display using HDMI or a miniDisplay Port, yes. Make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us out two fold. Also, the images don't show up here. Please use Imgur to host your images and then parse the links to them here for us to see. On another note, trying to jury rig a 10 year old device with parts from that era might cost you about the same as investing into an entry level APU build while retaining the monitor.

Aug 6, 2021

Internal wiring, no, external display using HDMI or a miniDisplay Port, yes. Make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us out two fold. Also, the images don't show up here. Please use Imgur to host your images and then parse the links to them here for us to see. On another note, trying to jury rig a 10 year old device with parts from that era might cost you about the same as investing into an entry level APU build while retaining the monitor.

View: https://imgur.com/a/MSQQ4xQ

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T520

Aug 6, 2021

I thought with the expense of an adapter I would be able to do this. I already have a bigger monitor lying around so I was not looking forward to spend much,