[SOLVED] Upgrading the Graphics Card on M11BB

Mar 8, 2019
I had never owned my own PC before I bought this machine. Didn't know market values, didn't know what the specs meant, and the guy at Best Buy assured me that it would be great for gaming. It runs Skyrim, Minecraft, and various other games just fine, but now I want to record gameplay and play new games on this computer.
I haven't opened up my PC to check, but people online are saying that it uses the AMD A55 FCH. I have no clue what is compatible with it nor can I find any info online about what is compatible. Apparently, GTX 1080 will work, but gets bottlenecked. Others say that the gpu should be amazing and super cool, but to utilize it. If that's true maybe adding another memory card in this abused machine would give me a boost?
I just want the cheapest route of upgrading this pc to be able to run games a bit better.

Solution
Right, sorry I'm a little distracted.

Asus M11bb
A10 6700 apu w/ radeon graphics 3.70ghz
8gb DDR3 1600
Win 10 home
1tb HDD

No dedicated gpu. Not entirely sure what's compatible with it yet.

As you know, depending on the games you run, It'll be hard to hit 60 fps for around $100, unless your settings are set accordingly. So for under $100 you'll most likely want to take a look at either a GT 1030 (8 Games tested) or RX 550. (6 games tested)

You'd also notice a nice boost if you upgraded to a SSD over your HDD. A nice 500GB can be had for as low as $52 (cheaper if you catch one on a sale)

Do you live in the US? If so, you may want to look on Craigslist and pick up a better used card there than...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hi @BwBrown1

Welcome to the forums!

To really help, we are going to need a litle (more like a lot) more info on your current PC. The AMD A55 FHC is the chipset, but doesn't give us much info to go on. We need the actual core specs of your PC.

Such as:
Exact CPU installed
Amount of RAM & speed. (Make & model if possible)
Current GPU installed
Windows 7? 8? 10?
HDD or SSD? Size? (storage)

A nifty little program you can use to check is called CPU-Z. It's free. Download it and run it. Then take screen shots and link them here or read through the different tabs and let us know the results. You can also scan the invoice for when you got the PC as that'll list out the same info more or less.

Once we have that, Presto! We'll be able to give you a little more info and hopefully get you recording them games! Gonna post them on youtube or just for yourself?

Mar 8, 2019
Hi @BwBrown1

Welcome to the forums!

To really help, we are going to need a litle (more like a lot) more info on your current PC. The AMD A55 FHC is the chipset, but doesn't give us much info to go on. We need the actual core specs of your PC.

Such as:
Exact CPU installed
Amount of RAM & speed. (Make & model if possible)
Current GPU installed
Windows 7? 8? 10?
HDD or SSD? Size? (storage)

A nifty little program you can use to check is called CPU-Z. It's free. Download it and run it. Then take screen shots and link them here or read through the different tabs and let us know the results. You can also scan the invoice for when you got the PC as that'll list out the same info more or less.

Once we have that, Presto! We'll be able to give you a little more info and hopefully get you recording them games! Gonna post them on youtube or just for yourself?

Asus M11bb
8gb DDR3 1600
Win 10 home
1tb HDD

That pc is not built for gaming.
I'm afraid, to make a decent gaming pc out of it, you'll have to replace most of parts there:
cpu,​
motherboard,​
ram,​
psu.​
Plus getting a gaming graphics card.
Edit: And new pc case too, because existing one will not be able to cool down gaming grade components.

What's your upgrade budget?

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019
That pc is not built for gaming.
I'm afraid, to make a decent gaming pc out of it, you'll have to replace most of parts there:
cpu,​
motherboard,​
ram,​
psu.​
Plus getting a gaming graphics card.

What's your upgrade budget?
I'm not going to build a new PC or scrap everything but the case. It does decently as it is. I'd just like to run games a good better and not spend thousand on a shiny new rig. My budget sits at around $100.

Mar 8, 2019
$100 budget?!
How were you considering GTX 1080 with that budget?

You can barely afford GTX 1050.
Where exactly do I say that I'm considering buying a gtx 1080? I said that people have put it into this machine. I'm just trying to figure out what is compatible with it. I just want something to give me a little boost so I can stay at 60fps instead of averaging at 40 or 50. I don't need or want (or have the time for) an expensive PC. And I'm not putting thousands of dollars into a 6 or 7 year old computer.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

Asus M11bb
8gb DDR3 1600
Win 10 home
1tb HDD

As you know, depending on the games you run, It'll be hard to hit 60 fps for around $100, unless your settings are set accordingly. So for under $100 you'll most likely want to take a look at either a GT 1030 (8 Games tested) or RX 550. (6 games tested)

You'd also notice a nice boost if you upgraded to a SSD over your HDD. A nice 500GB can be had for as low as $52 (cheaper if you catch one on a sale)

Do you live in the US? If so, you may want to look on Craigslist and pick up a better used card there than I list above. If you look at the GT 1030, make sure to get the model with the faster GDDR as there are a couple different models on the market. I understand you don't want to spend a lot of money, but is there any way you could spend even a little more and get at least an RX 560? It'll run you about $110 or RX 570 at around $130. With your current hardware, I'd suggest you stick to nothing faster than a GTX 1050 or RX 570.

Let us know how it goes!

Solution
Mar 8, 2019

Do you live in the US? If so, you may want to look on Craigslist and pick up a better used card there than I list above. If you look at the GT 1030, make sure to get the model with the faster GDDR as there are a couple different models on the market. I understand you don't want to spend a lot of money, but is there any way you could spend even a little more and get at least an RX 560? It'll run you about $110 or RX 570 at around $130. With your current hardware, I'd suggest you stick to nothing faster than a GTX 1050 or RX 570.

Let us know how it goes!
Thanks for the informative reply.
The budget is a rough estimate. I just want cheap because it is an old PC and I will be buying a new one around January. I do live in the US, but in such a rural area that there's nothing on Craigslist but old computers people think are worth hundreds of dollars and the good ol' Nigerian Prince who needs your iphone scam.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
and the good ol' Nigerian Prince who needs your iphone scam.

Is that guy still trying to "help" people collect their lost millions by sending him a money order to "process" the paperwork?? :LOL:

January is only a few months away. For the time being, an RX 560 4GB would pair nicely with your A10 6700. Here is a video of your CPU and the 560 running FarCry 5 on Ultra. Looks very nice. Here's an RX 560 for $109.99