Upgrading to a new motherboard help

G

hello. so I'm going to build my first PC based on broadwell-e chips. I saw that skylake-x will be based on LGA-2066 socket and I was wondering something. Lets say I get an asus deluxe ii and when the new skylake chips come out lets say I buy a new motherboard. What are some tips I need to know. How can I swap motherboards without any problems. Do I need to uninstall everything? how do I know what to uninstall.

Solution
If you tie the Windows 10 license to your Microsoft Account you can upgrade anything you want and you will be able to activate Windows.
I just upgraded my system from a Gigabyte board and i5-2500K to an Asrock with an i7-6700K and had to do phone activation but it booted without any problems.
G

I want to be on the latest platform but I don't want to wait till the 2nd half of 2017. I know it seems a little crazy but I just love having the latest. Also money isn't a issue. This build isn't for gaming at all. I do a lot of GPU + CPU rendering and I just want to have the best possible.

I heard you half to uninstall everything before you upgrade. that's true right? Do I just uninstall the motherboard drivers? Also why would I need to do a fresh install of windows. I cant just keep everything the same and just reactivate windows after I switch?

BadAsAl

Distinguished
If you tie the Windows 10 license to your Microsoft Account you can upgrade anything you want and you will be able to activate Windows.
I just upgraded my system from a Gigabyte board and i5-2500K to an Asrock with an i7-6700K and had to do phone activation but it booted without any problems.

Solution