Question Upgrading to a Ryzen 3600. Need advice on a motherboard to buy

May 20, 2020
4
0
10
0
I'm upgrading my PC to a Ryzen 3600. I have a mATX case so I am limited to mATX motherboards. I'm going to be using the Crucial 3000MHz RAM that I already have as well as the stock cooler that comes with the 3600.

I know that B550 is due out next month - but don't know if that will be a paper launch or a real launch.

What sort of motherboard should I consider? The following are all available on Amazon UK at the prices listed.

ASUS TUF Gaming B450M-PLUS - £63.98
ASUS Prime B450M-A Micro - £75.99
ASROCK B450M STEEL LEGEND - £86.99
ASRock B450M Pro4 AM4 - £74.99
ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 - £54.99
Aorus B450 AORUS M - £87.08
Gigabyte B450M DS3H - £76.34
Asrock B450M PRO4-F - £64.99
ASUS TUF Gaming B450M-PRO - £100.67
Gigabyte B450M S2H - £58.97
MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX - £61.97
MSI B450M-A PRO MAX - £58.98
ASUS Prime B450M-K - £69.98
Gigabyte B450M GAMING - £77.99

Should I hold off for a 550 or buy one of these? The Mortar Max motherboard has been recommended to me but it is OOS at the moment.
 

Koekieezz

Upstanding
Apr 30, 2020
272
37
220
4
Maybe you could wait for 550, but in case you really want to upgrade, TUF Gaming Plus B450M Plus is pretty good, Asrock B450M Steel Legend is also good, MSi B450M Gaming Plus Max/ Mortar Max/ Tomahawk Max is also good since they got good vrm power delivery in case you want to overclock.
 

Math Geek

Champion
Ambassador
i just bought this one

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-b450-aorus-pro-wifi/p/N82E16813145082

but already seems to be out of stock even though i ordered it only 2 days ago. i had a heck of a time finding one i liked that was in stock. i was thinking of the B450 Tomahawk Max

https://www.newegg.com/msi-b450-tomahawk-max/p/N82E16813144267

but about 2 minutes after adding it to my cart, it was also out of stock.

i was going to wait for the 550 boards next month but wanted to do the build sooner. took me literall a few hours to find a board i was willing to pay for that was available now.

if you can wait a bit, seeing what b550 has to offer would not be a bad idea but if you're impatient like i was, see what is actually available then decide how much more your willing to spend to get one delivered anytime soon. i was also looking at $100ish boards but ended up spending $129 on the Gigabit model i ended up with.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS