Question Upgrading to an 8300H processor ?

biox

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
I am trying to work out what Laptops / motherboards would support an Intel 8300H processor.

In other words, trying to find a list of some sort that shows which laptops or motherboards could also run with the 8300H that might currently be using something less out of the box.

I have previously upgraded the processor in an HP laptop here but I'm hoping to get up to an 8th gen.

Have googled and duckducked as well but nothing evident so far.

thanks

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I am trying to work out what Laptops / motherboards would support an Intel 8300H processor.

In other words, trying to find a list of some sort that shows which laptops or motherboards could also run with the 8300H that might currently be using something less out of the box.

I have previously upgraded the processor in an HP laptop here but I'm hoping to get up to an 8th gen.

Have googled and duckducked as well but nothing evident so far.

thanks

It would only ever theoretically work in a laptop that already has a mobile Coffee Lake CPU. Given that a laptop with one of the cpus with the upgraded graphics would cost more than a laptop with the 8300H (8269U, 8259U, 8019U), the only possible choices would be laptops with an 8100H/B.

This is unlikely to be a scenario which provides you with any benefit. You can't upgrade anything pre-8th gen to 8th gen. Intel pretty much maxes out compatibility at two generations (Sandy Bridge-Ivy Bridge and Skylake-Kaby Lake, for example), and laptop motherboards tend to be much pickier about CPUs than desktop ones.

Reactions: biox