Question Upgrading to GIGABYTE AORUS Xtreme GeForce RTX 2070?

Snickeldümper

Prominent
Jun 5, 2019
Is the GIGABYTE AORUS Xtreme GeForce RTX 2070 a good choice for a upgrade? It's alot of money so I want to make sure I spend it on the right card. Is there another GPU I should get instead? Right now I have the Geforce GTX 1060 3GB, it's ok but I'm ready to upgrade, and as always I run my decision through here. These are my current specs:

CPU- i5 6600k
GPU- Geforce GTX 1060 3gb
RAM- 16gb ram
BOARD- asus Z170-A
500w powersupply

My budget for a new card is around $750 US, but if the difference is significant enough, I can go higher. Any help would be appreciated!

Don't buy any GPU at this time of year. Just WAIT for a few more weeks, since NVIDIA and AMD both are going to launch next-gen GPUs, the RTX SUPER series (which is basically just a refresh though), as well as the mainstream AMD NAVI GPUs. These might be worth looking into, IMO.

Snickeldümper

Prominent
Jun 5, 2019
Don't buy any GPU at this time of year. Just WAIT for a few more weeks, since NVIDIA and AMD both are going to launch next-gen GPUs, the RTX SUPER series (which is basically just a refresh though), as well as the mainstream AMD NAVI GPUs. These might be worth looking into, IMO.

so now that both the super series and the radeon rx 5700 xt is out, what do you recommend? Personally the RTX super series didnt look too interesting, but I dont know alot about these things. I also really like the idea of ray tracing. Either way I wont be buying anything until the end of august when Im back home.

Last edited: