Upgrading to gtx1050ti

Nov 23, 2017
I have a PC with i3 processor, 8gb ddr5 ram, and 2gb gt730 graphics.

I want to know whether I should upgrade it to gtx 1050ti, to play games like gta v.

And whether gtx1050ti is compatible to my mother board?

Solution
That CPU usually runs on a motherboard that is compatible with the 1050 Ti. Except you've managed to avoid providing a key piece of information, make/model of your pre-built system. Some companies use non standard components and there's a chance a non standard motherboard would not be compatible.

Assuming it is compatible, then you should get decent performance. The CPU is dual core but has hyperthreading which helps.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
It should be, if the motherboard currently 'supports' a GT730.

I assume this is a pre-built system? Do you know the model number?
The PSU *may* be a concern. The GT730 is a 49W TDP card, the 1050TI is a 75W card. Not likely a huge issued in most situations, but prebuilts usually have "just enough" for the stock config, which may leave the 1050TI a bit underpowered.

Which model of i3?

As an FYI, you don't have "DDR5" RAM as your system memory. DDR3 or (probably unlikely) DDR4.
Some variants of the GT730 used DDR5, others use DDR3.

That CPU usually runs on a motherboard that is compatible with the 1050 Ti. Except you've managed to avoid providing a key piece of information, make/model of your pre-built system. Some companies use non standard components and there's a chance a non standard motherboard would not be compatible.

Assuming it is compatible, then you should get decent performance. The CPU is dual core but has hyperthreading which helps.

Solution