Question Upgrading to the z690 chipset and Radeon 6900xt

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
I have upgraded to the z690 chipset. I have installed the video card vertically with the corsair 4000d airflow white case. I have reinstalled windows 11 and after a couple of restarts it gives me a whea uncorrectable error. This means hardware issue with graphics card, memory or board. On the video card there is 3 power plugs 2 are 8 pin and 1 is 6 pin. I'm not sure what to plug into the 6-pin cable so i plug an extra 8-pin pci cable to the graphics card. About to take it to a computer shop and let them find out what's wrong with it. There was a extra power plugged in the motherboard as well. Any ideas?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I have upgraded to the z690 chipset. I have installed the video card vertically with the corsair 4000d airflow white case. I have reinstalled windows 11 and after a couple of restarts it gives me a whea uncorrectable error. This means hardware issue with graphics card, memory or board. On the video card there is 3 power plugs 2 are 8 pin and 1 is 6 pin. I'm not sure what to plug into the 6-pin cable so i plug an extra 8-pin pci cable to the graphics card. About to take it to a computer shop and let them find out what's wrong with it. There was a extra power plugged in the motherboard as well. Any ideas?
You need to list all the parts used on the PC just the information provided is nothing near enough.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS