Upgrading to Win 10, ASRock Extreme4 Z77.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasCro

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
Hey guys, I am wondering if I can upgrade to Win 10 because the driver page for my mobo has no Win 10 drivers.

My friend did the rushed upgrade thing and couldn't install the LAN drivers to get internet running on his machine with the same motherboard as me.

I just got a notification that Windows 10 is ready for me, does that mean that everything will work out?

I am running Win 7 Ultimate right now.

Thanks!

Thomas

Solution
As of right now there are still NO Windows 10 drivers for the chipsets used on that board, from the OEMs. It will probably install Windows 10 fine, but you're likely to run into one or two devices that don't have driver support. In some cases the Windows 8.1 drivers have been working but not in all cases. Before even attempting the upgrade, I'd back up my system image and andy important files or folders. Don't rely on being able to use system restore or the reversion process, as in most cases it results in a bricked system that requires a full reinstallation.

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=585&title=windows-10-drivers-for-asrock-z77-extreme4
As of right now there are still NO Windows 10 drivers for the chipsets used on that board, from the OEMs. It will probably install Windows 10 fine, but you're likely to run into one or two devices that don't have driver support. In some cases the Windows 8.1 drivers have been working but not in all cases. Before even attempting the upgrade, I'd back up my system image and andy important files or folders. Don't rely on being able to use system restore or the reversion process, as in most cases it results in a bricked system that requires a full reinstallation.

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=585&title=windows-10-drivers-for-asrock-z77-extreme4

Solution

bcarlin31520

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017

ASRock has all our drivers updates now even BIOS 3.00. Been running 10 on Z77 EXT4 w/2600k only thing for me has been 38x lock. Going update BIOS 2 night and do another complete reinstall. We all love them right.....Projectile vomits to the left....LOL. Got my fingers crossed now with BIOS 3.00. I see hope again..........Will post results on the morrow with either a smile on my face or sledgehammer for PC. Given me grey hairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.