Upgrading to windows 10

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
;) Once they get a few more of the problems ironed out. I started working with the Win 10 original beta a couple months before the public beta release, and problems we identified back then still haven't been rectified. 10 was rushed to market same as they did with Vista and Win 8

NerdyComputerGuy

Distinguished
Just don't upgrade to Windows 10... It's full of bugs, really. It completely broke my other PC.

First it gave me blue screens then it fried the motherboard... literaly. All of this happened after I upgraded from Win7 to Win10, I think I'm going to stay with Windows 7 up to July or whenever the free Windows 10 ends otherwise I'm keeping Windows 7, no reason to upgrade. DirectX 12, boowhoo. I don't really think it's big enough for upgrading to a half broken OS.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished

I think it's maybe or maybe not. I remembered when test drove the Preview version... My motherboard CD would NOT even run.. kept getting an O/S not supported error or something. Basically, some people will have problems... some won't.

It's only that DVD video play is not natively supported by Media player, machines themselves are. Any third party player like VLC (which was always much better than WMP) does play DVD movies. CD is supported by WMP and other MM Apps.
I have CD/DVD/BD player and writer in my system and all works just fine.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished

Perhaps the people who want to install a few utilities that are only available on the CD that came with the component and NOT available on the manufacturer's website. Duh!!!