Question Upgrading Wi-Fi chip adapter

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
Hi everyone,
So recently I ordered a Wi-Fi / Bluetooch chip to replace the one I have in my currrent adapter. Though i've been having trouble getting it to actually even show up in windows when i boot it. I tried downloading drivers for it from intels website but still hasnt made a difference. Im really lost where I could be going wrong , is there a certain process to swapping wifi cards that im unaware of? I've had some other forums tell me that it could be an issue with my motherboard not supporting the wifi card. Could this be the case? Ive been using my other 'unsupported' card for a few years. Is it possible that the issue is between the chip and the card, or could i be downloading drivers incorrectly. Im at a complete loss and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chip i ordered
Current wifi card
Images showing: drivers downloaded, and the wifi card itself with the AX210 installed and the older chip next to it

Hi everyone,
So recently I ordered a Wi-Fi / Bluetooch chip to replace the one I have in my currrent adapter. Though i've been having trouble getting it to actually even show up in windows when i boot it. I tried downloading drivers for it from intels website but still hasnt made a difference. Im really lost where I could be going wrong , is there a certain process to swapping wifi cards that im unaware of? I've had some other forums tell me that it could be an issue with my motherboard not supporting the wifi card. Could this be the case? Ive been using my other 'unsupported' card for a few years. Is it possible that the issue is between the chip and the card, or could i be downloading drivers incorrectly. Im at a complete loss and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chip i ordered
Current wifi card
Images showing: drivers downloaded, and the wifi card itself with the AX210 installed and the older chip next to it
It would probably be easier to just order a new completely assembled wifi card rather than messing with just the chip. This way compatibility between the chip and card would be assured. I've used this one with great success:

JohnMGotts

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
Your antennas are reversed, but that doesn’t explain Win not seeing it…
Make sure device mgr sees the same driver you installed.
If it does agree, try uninstalling the driver and letting Win find it for you, then compare.