Hello
I Have Asus k55vm-086D model
Hardware :
Intel i7 3rd gen 3610QM
Chipset : HM76 express
Current bios : Asus 211
wifi adapter : AR5B225
operating system : windows 10
... i want to upgrade my wifi + bluetooth combo adaptor card... can i do that? i want to upgrade to intel 8265 AC adapter which comes with dual band wifi and bluetooth 4.2.. will my laptop support?
my currently adapter is only 2.4 ghz wifi with bluetooth 4.0..

Last edited:
Solution
You need to look a lot more closely at the photos. Those 2 parts are not the same physical size or connector. One is pcmcie and the other is the newer m2 cards.

Pretty much once you find a card that fits it will function. You must load the correct drivers. You will have no issues with windows 10 but if for example you had windows 7 you can get cards that fit but there are no drivers for windows7
You are going to have to lookup the part number of the wifi card your laptop currently has.

I can find little info on that laptop other than it is close to 10yrs old. The intel card you linked uses a M2 slot most older machines use pcmci half cards. You can only put a card in your machine that will physically fit. They make other models of cards with similar performance numbers that have other connections.

The other issue you might have is if your laptop only has one antenna. The card you list wants to use 2.

In general you should be able to upgrade the wifi card but I suspect that exact intel card likely will not fit.

Reactions: prantik94
Aug 31, 2020
You are going to have to lookup the part number of the wifi card your laptop currently has.

I can find little info on that laptop other than it is close to 10yrs old. The intel card you linked uses a M2 slot most older machines use pcmci half cards. You can only put a card in your machine that will physically fit. They make other models of cards with similar performance numbers that have other connections.

The other issue you might have is if your laptop only has one antenna. The card you list wants to use 2.

In general you should be able to upgrade the wifi card but I suspect that exact intel card likely will not fit.
My card model number maybe AR5B225...
and i see there is two wire one black and one white to that card.. i guess it is antenna wire right??
what you think it is dual antenna??
and i see that AC8265 is same side screw with same looks...
still i am confused it will support to my system or not if it gets fit... 😔

Last edited:
You need to look a lot more closely at the photos. Those 2 parts are not the same physical size or connector. One is pcmcie and the other is the newer m2 cards.

Pretty much once you find a card that fits it will function. You must load the correct drivers. You will have no issues with windows 10 but if for example you had windows 7 you can get cards that fit but there are no drivers for windows7

Solution
Aug 31, 2020

The other issue you

okay! but here look it almost looking same...
both is mini pci-e
here i am attaching both link
please look and suggest me... 😔

Intel Ac8265 —

https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0DKWez

here my old -
Atheros AR5B225-

https://www.amazon.com/Atheros-AR5B225-Wireless-Bluetooth-Better/dp/B00BTWI81G

Aug 31, 2020
Last edited:
The card everyone used to use was intel ac-7260. This has been discontinued but they are still sold. Almost all equipment uses m2 card now days.

Be sure that it actually says intel on the part, the fake ones generally are not brave enough to stamp intel on a fake part.

Note there are actually 2 versions of that card. They also make a m2 version of this card. You want the part number to say HMW in it.

Aug 31, 2020
The card everyone used to use was intel ac-7260. This has been discontinued but they are still sold. Almost all equipment uses m2 card now days.

Be sure that it actually says intel on the part, the fake ones generally are not brave enough to stamp intel on a fake part.

Note there are actually 2 versions of that card. They also make a m2 version of this card. You want the part number to say HMW in it.
okay thank you very much 😊😊😊😊
what about this?? is this original??
there is also logo of intel
😲
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mODAL9P

Last edited: