upgrading wifi card to intel 8265 from 3165

NBL khalifa

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015
hi guys i had the dell inspiron 7567 and the wifi card that comes with it does not satisfy me much (the 3165 1x1) i wonder if i can actually swap the wifi card to intel 8265 and does it worth it ? since my wifi router were on the 2nd floor and i can only get 3bar with the 3165 , also the 3165 of my dell inspiron 7567 seems to be faulty , if i turn on the wifi , there will be interference with my laptop subwoofer is that normal ??

Solution
Your best bet I suspect is to research the dell site on your model laptop. See if the support the newer card in your laptop. They may also have other cards that are 2x2. That would indicate that there are 2 antenna.

Hard to say what you have, laptops are extremely non standard.

Not sure why a card that supports only 1x1 would have 2 antenna connection in the first place.
Does little good if the laptop does not have a second antenna and adding a antenna is a major undertaking if it is even possible. The card will likely fit but if you only have a single antenna it will function like your current card.

In general defective wifi tends to just stop transmitting signals. I suppose it could have some other issue, it is not suppose to interfere with other equipment that is part of the reason they must submit reports to the fcc

NBL khalifa

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015

how to know if there was 2 antenna on my laptop ??? my current 3165 had white cable and black cable connected to it does it mean it has 2 antenna ?

Your best bet I suspect is to research the dell site on your model laptop. See if the support the newer card in your laptop. They may also have other cards that are 2x2. That would indicate that there are 2 antenna.

Hard to say what you have, laptops are extremely non standard.

Not sure why a card that supports only 1x1 would have 2 antenna connection in the first place.

Solution