Question Upload speeds affects one computer,help?

ScottZ04

Prominent
Oct 15, 2019
This is a weird issue. for context I been experiencing up and downs on my internet since moving to my new place of residence. I use COX internet and use their modem/router panoramic CGM4140COX and all my devices I get the 30 mbps upload speed that is on my plan,same with my wife's computer..the only one that doesn't is my PC. I am hardwired to the device. A tech came out and couldn't find anything wrong,he even replaced the coaxial wires on the pole,just to be sure. I have cox care on my plan thus it won't cost anything. The tech used a box to test speeds. Everything checks out..even with my ethernet cable. So it looks my problem is my PC itself.

My downloads are perfect speed,getting above 300 mbps but only 8 mbps upload and it trickles less then that. I never experienced a problem with this. I don't use any game optimizer software or tools to better preformance or speed because I don't need those and heard they can affect network speeds too. so...I don't know where to begin. Can anyone assist me in possibly pointing me in the right direction. so that maybe we can fix this or at least make it some better? Thank you for taking the time to help me out. I normally can fix things by searching google but this time I am stuck.

Sep 28, 2019
How do you calculate your upstream rate?
In network management/network connections, find the local area lan(the one connected to the modem), and go to properties. There must be your NIC name, and a configure button.
In configuration, advanced tab, check "Transmit Buffer", and set some lower values. Also check speed and duplex is set to "100/1000 MBps full duplex"
Performing apply will reset the NIC, and re connect.

For testing upload, one good way is about upload a kind of big file on your google/apple cloud.

ScottZ04

Prominent
Oct 15, 2019
I am unable to find a NIC name. where on win 10 is this option located? Thanks.

Edit. I found those options and did what you requested and I experienced no change in upload speed.

Last edited:

ScottZ04

Prominent
Oct 15, 2019
I found it. it's in the "client for microsoft windows" I've tried different values and experience no change and changed the "speed and duplex" with same result.