Hi again!

UPnP seem to be a pain since XP SP2, it certainly seemed to break some
routers!

I am now running a Linksys WRT54GS with third party Alchemy software and
although my internet gateway icon appears under network connections MSN
messenger reports a "non UPnP port restricted NAT".

Having said that hat I have not found anything does not work on messenger
yet, Video, voice, games and test seem to all work.

What problems am I likely to have with messenger? is UPnP working ok and
messenger is fibbing?

If I click on the internet gateway icon and look at settings I see messenger
ports mapped.

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

If the ports are being added and forwarded properly, yes, it looks like Messenger is
reporting it wrong.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert