Question Upping voltage on fan slots

Jan 20, 2020
Hello,
I recently installed 3 140mm fans rated at 12v 0.35A, and have them connected to 1 fan slot with a 1 to 3 splitter. I also have another 3 fans, two rated at 12v 0.38A, the other rated at 12v 0.15A. They are also connected to one fan slot via a 1 to 3 splitter. Both splitters are the same type. Should I up the voltage on either of the fan slots they are connected to, or should I just leave them be. I only have three fan slots on my motherboard for reference, and the third fan slot in being used for the pump for my AIO pump for my cpu. Thanks in advance.

Jan 20, 2020
I planned to up the voltage to the pins a volt or two via the bios if it needs it. I have no experience with this sort of thing, which is why I'm asking if I need to up it in the first place.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I planned to up the voltage to the pins a volt or two via the bios if it needs it. I have no experience with this sort of thing, which is why I'm asking if I need to up it in the first place.
As mentioned by CountMike, there is no such feature in BIOS or UEFI. The +12v fan power is preset and not user adjustable. Besides, there really is no reason to raise the voltage. The fans are +12V only. They would burn out if the voltage was increased.