[SOLVED] Uprgrade time...Need a little help...

Jason_37

Reputable
Oct 27, 2015
Build is in sig. I either want to upgrade my CPU or GPU. If I go with the CPU, I was thinking about the i9 9900(non K or KF). If I looked at my Qualified CPU list for the Z370 Extreme 4 correctly, I should be able to move up to that cpu with this board, right? Not too worried about overclocking, TBH. If I go GPU, I was thinking the 5700XT when the custom cards finally get released. I'll be gaming at 1440p, so which direction should I go for the best experience, for now? Whichever one I don't go with now I will probably do, towards the end of the year.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z370 Extreme4/index.asp#CPU
Yes your motherboard support these cpu's on the link you can see since what bios probably just update to the latest anyway. 5700XT is a very good value card and will do great at 1440p. But still until the end of the year amd maybe will releasy 5800 series cards. If you only gaming then you can get a cheaper cpu like i7 9700k and a better gpu.

Solution

Jason_37

Reputable
Oct 27, 2015
The reason I was looking at the 9900 instead of the 9700K is because I question whether +1 core would be worth the upgrade vs +1 core and hyperthreading.

As for the gpu, I see your point and will probably wait and see where those cards release in price before deciding. If they are price around $500, that may be the better option since my monitor does 1440p @ 144Hz.

Jason_37

Reputable
Oct 27, 2015
Division 2, PUBG, Witcher 3, Total Wars 3 Kingdoms currently. In the future, probably the new COD(still undecided on it), and CyberPunk when it's finally released.

Jason_37

Reputable
Oct 27, 2015
This is primarily a gaming build. I won't be streaming, but there will be some light video editing for other reasons, but nothing too crazy. I would prefer keeping the upgrade simple like just dropping in another cpu or gpu which is why I didn't include a switch to Ryzen in the OP. Also, I would like some longevity out of it. Another 2-3 years would be great which is why I was thinking the i9 cpu instead of the i7.