[SOLVED] Uprooting Windows from C drive

jamespromiii

Honorable
Dec 23, 2018
Hey I was curious as to how I can "uproot" windows from my C drive to a newer drive? I have it embedded with all my other files and I really don't want to clone everything from that drive? Is it a simple copy and paste motion or do I have to clone everything? Thanks in advance.

Solution
It's on a laptop which is a WD Blue 750 gig HDD and I'm trying to transfer it to a mSata drive because my boot times are horrible. Now If I do a fresh install on the D drive am I going to be able to access everything that's on my C drive? Or how exactly am I going to wipe windows FROM the C drive so it's not on there anymore? Is that even possible without losing everything?
mSATA?
No.
Replace the HDD with a regular 2.5" SATA III SSD.

Cloning is a possibility, if a bit convoluted.
Clean install ALWAYS works.

jamespromiii

Honorable
Dec 23, 2018
It's on a laptop which is a WD Blue 750 gig HDD and I'm trying to transfer it to a mSata drive because my boot times are horrible. Now If I do a fresh install on the D drive am I going to be able to access everything that's on my C drive? Or how exactly am I going to wipe windows FROM the C drive so it's not on there anymore? Is that even possible without losing everything?

USAFRet

Titan
mSATA?
No.
Replace the HDD with a regular 2.5" SATA III SSD.

Cloning is a possibility, if a bit convoluted.
Clean install ALWAYS works.

Solution