UPS and power consumption

hello guys.
I would like to know whether my UPS draws as much current(when computer
is in standy mode) as it does when the computer is working full power?
The UPS is a 600VA thing, PC is an AMD Athlon 2400+.
Thanks
--

Nadeem M Nayeck [ m n n a y e c k @ i n t n e t . m u ]
____ ____

Ed

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 10:12:09 +0400, Nadeem <rkcom@intnet.mu> wrote:

>hello guys.
>I would like to know whether my UPS draws as much current(when computer
>is in standy mode) as it does when the computer is working full power?
>The UPS is a 600VA thing, PC is an AMD Athlon 2400+.
>Thanks

It uses a little power to keep it's battery charged, how much depends on make/model/battery size, etc,etc,.
Look in the manual or elec. specs.

Ed

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 10:12:09 +0400, Nadeem <rkcom@intnet.mu> wrote:

>hello guys.
>I would like to know whether my UPS draws as much current(when computer
>is in standy mode) as it does when the computer is working full power?
>The UPS is a 600VA thing, PC is an AMD Athlon 2400+.
>Thanks

It surely does not...