ups backup problem (please help)

shubham shama

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2015
ok so here's my problem , i have a pc with i5 4440 , 8 gigs of ram , 1 tb hard disk , seasonic s12ii 430 , monitor , keyboard and mouse with no gc yet and i have an apc ups (APC BE800-IND) http://www.snapdeal.com/product/apc-be800ind-ups/1754000562 it has double battery in it so it should give some backup , but it does not not even for a single second , it is a brand new cpu only 3 days old and its been charged day and night but no backups what so ever not even a single second and its not just with this one ..its been the same story with other ups.. what should i do ?? i am planing to get a gc next month and i am worried what is gonna hapen with my backup ..?? please suggest something and help...

Solution
Without any GC the PC load is very low,so it's the battery which is faulty. You should call APC to arrange a battery replacement. It's very easy task.

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
Are you saying that the UPS is brand new ?
If so then you need to be aware that APC ship their UPS units with the batteries disconnected and you need to remove the battery cover and connect the batteries before you use them.

shubham shama

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2015

maybe ur right ...... let me do it and it might work .... thanks for ur help ...

shubham shama

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2015

i tried but the battery was already connected , guess i'll have to return the ups ...

shubham shama

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2015

i'm gonna return this unit and buy a new one ... thanks for ur help