[SOLVED] UPS Battery backup

huege23

Reputable
Jul 10, 2018
As far as I can tell I'm probably not posting this in the wrong place. My question is does anyone have experience with HP UPS, IE: HPE T1500VA this model is made by Eaton, and rebranded for HP enterprise. I'm wondering if it will work with a HP Z440 workstation with windows 10 pro. the very first line in the manual states. HP assumes you are qualified in the installation of electrical equipment and trained in recognizing hazards in products with hazardous energy levels". I do not meet any of those requirements. LOL Anyway, if anyone knows anything about these units please chime in. Like I said I have a HP Z440 I would like to run with the HP UPS, do I have to worry about using this on household current?

Solution
As far as I can tell I'm probably not posting this in the wrong place. My question is does anyone have experience with HP UPS, IE: HPE T1500VA this model is made by Eaton, and rebranded for HP enterprise. I'm wondering if it will work with a HP Z440 workstation with windows 10 pro. the very first line in the manual states. HP assumes you are qualified in the installation of electrical equipment and trained in recognizing hazards in products with hazardous energy levels". I do not meet any of those requirements. LOL Anyway, if anyone knows anything about these units please chime in. Like I said I have a HP Z440 I would like to run with the HP UPS, do I have to worry about using this on household current?
Yes, pretty much any...

RealBeast

Titan
Yes, pretty much any UPS will work with any computer. The question is whether it has automatic shutdown software and if that is compatible. I would suspect that an HP branded UPS would work fine with any HP computer if such software is available.

Reactions: huege23
Solution

kanewolf

Titan
It should. The pictures I see have a USB port. That is the important thing. You need to connect it to your PC and allow the PC to monitor it so that the PC will automatically shutdown before the battery is exhausted.

Reactions: huege23