[SOLVED] UPS buzzed and a bit of smoke came out

YoussefKaram

Honorable
Nov 22, 2015
I plugged my CyberPower UPS after not using it for around 6 months. As soon as I plugged it (without turning it on), it buzzed and a little smoke came out so I directly unplugged it. Does this mean it’s dead?

Solution
I plugged my CyberPower UPS after not using it for around 6 months. As soon as I plugged it (without turning it on), it buzzed and a little smoke came out so I directly unplugged it. Does this mean it’s dead?
Dead? Unknown. Safe to use? No. You will have to open it up like you were doing a battery replacement and see what burned. If you can't see anything, then it is probably something on the circuit board(s). Can it be fixed? Possibly. Do you have the skills to do it? I can't answer that.

kanewolf

Titan
Dead? Unknown. Safe to use? No. You will have to open it up like you were doing a battery replacement and see what burned. If you can't see anything, then it is probably something on the circuit board(s). Can it be fixed? Possibly. Do you have the skills to do it? I can't answer that.

Solution