[SOLVED] UPS choice help???

ingeborgdot

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
I have a rack unit and am needing a UPS. I have seen many studies that show, with today's PSU's in computers, switches etc. pure sine wave is really recommended. There are those that argue that, but it is what it is.

Well, with that in mind, I'm trying to find a rackmount UPS with at least 700 Watts and Pure Sine Wave. This is not easy, unless I want to pay almost a grand. Most are on backorder or special order.

I could get a standard tower, but then it will take up about 5 or 6u in my rack. I guess I could put it on the bottom shelf and put my NAS on the shelf with the UPS. I really want a rackmount though.
Anyone have any words of advice?

Solution
I have a rack unit and am needing a UPS. I have seen many studies that show, with today's PSU's in computers, switches etc. pure sine wave is really recommended. There are those that argue that, but it is what it is.

Well, with that in mind, I'm trying to find a rackmount UPS with at least 700 Watts and Pure Sine Wave. This is not easy, unless I want to pay almost a grand. Most are on backorder or special order.

I could get a standard tower, but then it will take up about 5 or 6u in my rack. I guess I could put it on the bottom shelf and put my NAS on the shelf with the UPS. I really want a rackmount though.
Buy a used APC Smart-UPS ONLINE (double conversion) UPS on E-Bay. Get it without...

kanewolf

Titan

Buy a used APC Smart-UPS ONLINE (double conversion) UPS on E-Bay. Get it without batteries to minimize shipping cost and buy new batteries. That is where all three of my UPSs came from.

Solution