Question UPS - Confused about differences, if any, between Newegg and BestBuy's Cyberpower offerings ?

Cyber_Akuma

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
I was looking into getting a second UPS for my computers similar to the current one I have, a Cyber Power CP1500PFCLCD:

https://www.newegg.com/cyberpower-cp1500pfclcd-nema-5-15r/p/N82E16842102134

However, it's going out of stock everywhere, and coming back at a higher price when it does go back into stock.

I noticed that BestBuy has a similar model that's slightly cheaper, a GX1500U:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpower-1500va-sine-wave-battery-back-up-system-black/6408459.p

I tried looking up what the differences are, and that apparently the only difference is that the one Best Buy sells lacks a port for some kind of remote administration device (RMCARD205) over LAN?

Thing is, it's not clear if the CP1500PFCLCD comes with this device, or if it's something you need to purchase separately. Looking up images of the CP1500PFCLCD, all of them show the device plugged into it's back, but if I try to look it up, the part alone costs $150-250, nearly the price of the UPS itself.

I can't imagine that they would include something so expensive for just about $10-20 more, but I have no idea if maybe they are just charging a lot for replacing that component, as every picture of the CP1500PFCLCD shows it coming with one.

Can anyone help clarify for me?

Ralston18

Titan
Do you need or require admin for a remote UPS? My thought is probably not barring some critical commercial or business use.

Frankly you do not even really need local admin "administration" for a UPS.

Overall, all I require from my UPS is enough power for enough time (5 minutes or so) to gracefully shut down the system if power goes out.

And at one time, full disclosure, I did try the USB connection, software, etc.. to monitor/administer the UPS. That did not really prove useful so I uninstalled the app and disconnected the USB cable.

Pictures - Marketing.....

Cyber_Akuma

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Not really, it's just that they are pretty close to the same price (About a $10 difference) so I wanted to know if it came with it or not, and if that was the only difference between the two models or if there was other differences too.

I already have a 2012 model of one of these, a much older design but same model number, and I do find the USB connection useful.