[SOLVED] UPS fan keeps spinning for a while when turned off

So I just bought this APC BX1100C-IN UPS off Amazon. And while taking it out I accidentally pressed the power button, and a fan turned on, the power button wasn't lit up (which means according to the manual, the UPS is off), if I held it, it would light up. Anyway, the fan kept running even when the UPS was off for about 5 mins, then turned off with a click. Is this normal? Should I be concerned or return it or anything?

Solution
There are quite a few devices that run the fans for a while after they are shut off to make sure the components are cooled off properly to prevent damage. If you are worried about it, contact APC support and ask them this same question since they would know best about their product range and what should and should not be happening.
There are quite a few devices that run the fans for a while after they are shut off to make sure the components are cooled off properly to prevent damage. If you are worried about it, contact APC support and ask them this same question since they would know best about their product range and what should and should not be happening.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Solution