[SOLVED] Ups overout

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hi

Today i am Facing very interesting issue. I m using Antec 650w neo classic modular psu.

And i have backup ups cyberpower BU1000e which is 600w ups.

When i m using my computer normal for everyday task. And suddenly electricity cut happened. My pc won't get shutdown immediately.

And today when i was using furmark benchmark test to test my OVERCLOCK gpu and electricity cut happened.

My pc didn't survive by UPS. It got shutdown/closed as soon as electricity gone.

My 600w ups didn't worked in this situation

Does anyone have idea why my ups didn't give power during running of furmark benchmark test.

It's weird

What i m suspecting that psu was drawing more than 600w during the benchmark test and my ups had limitation of 600w and it didn't survived.

My specs are
I5 8600k
Z390 a pro mobo
Msi rtx 2080 Gaming trio

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
HX850i is more than enough, as mentioned earlier you could have also went with a GOOD 650 or 750 and been fine. But whatever the best deal you can get on a good one is good.
Ok so i have choose the platinum psu instead of gold.

My intention to ask the build quality of hx850i.

So is hx850i psu not the sister of my antec 650 w 80+ bronze in performance and build quality ?

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
@jonnyguru

I got the apc br1500g ups.

Now i am confused in psu. Which should i buy from below.

Rm1000i
Or
Hx1000i

And Rm is gold and hx is platinum.

Which we have to buy because i see that there is only 2% difference between gold and platinum in perspective of energy efficiency.

Which one we have buy in what scenario? Gold or platinum?

And someone said you have to get higher watt psu than the psu watt

Now i got apc br1500g ups. Can't i buy 1000 watt now.

Will my system get crash during the power outage at full load with msi rtx 2080 overclock?

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
I'm confused as you said above you had already ordered the HX 850i. Gotta give a clear chronology of what you have done, what you are going to do, and what you have not done, or everyone's just going to spin around in circles.
Yes i have ordered the same but seller told me it went out of stock

Sorry for the confusion.

Now i have option to select

Rm1000i, rm850i, hx1000i
And last AX860i

Which should i choose?

Yes i have ordered the same but seller told me it went out of stock

Sorry for the confusion.

Now i have option to select

Rm1000i, rm850i, hx1000i
And last AX860i

Which should i choose?

They are all overkill.

Are they the same price or something?

The all have Link/iCUE monitoring/control.

The difference is RM850i and RM1000i are GOLD efficiency. the HX1000i is Platinum efficiency. The AX860i is also Platinum efficiency, but is full digital instead of analog/digital.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
They are all overkill.

Are they the same price or something?

The all have Link/iCUE monitoring/control.

The difference is RM850i and RM1000i are GOLD efficiency. the HX1000i is Platinum efficiency. The AX860i is also Platinum efficiency, but is full digital instead of analog/digital.
Budget is not an issue for me.

But i guess Ax860i obsolete psu. Even its not listed on corsair site.

And does platinum really matter over gold?

If yes then how much. I can hardly see 2% difference in energy efficiency of both gold and platinum. Will platinum psu worth to buy over gold?

And ax1200i is also option for me.

Which shall I choose?

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
And i want to know what is the main difference between

Ax1200i and hx1000i

Apart from watt and full digital instead of analog/digital.

I see both are platinum.

So whats the main difference. Due to which factor AX serial is outperformed than hx series as though both are platinum

And i want to know what is the main difference between

Ax1200i and hx1000i

Apart from watt and full digital instead of analog/digital.

I see both are platinum.

So whats the main difference. Due to which factor AX serial is outperformed than hx series as though both are platinum

The AX1200i is full digital and the HX1000i is analog/digital.

AX1200i: http://www.kitguru.net/components/p...fessional-series-ax1200i-power-supply-review/

HX1200i: http://www.kitguru.net/components/p...hx1200i-80-plus-platinum-power-supply-review/

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.