[SOLVED] Ups overout

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hi

Today i am Facing very interesting issue. I m using Antec 650w neo classic modular psu.

And i have backup ups cyberpower BU1000e which is 600w ups.

When i m using my computer normal for everyday task. And suddenly electricity cut happened. My pc won't get shutdown immediately.

And today when i was using furmark benchmark test to test my OVERCLOCK gpu and electricity cut happened.

My pc didn't survive by UPS. It got shutdown/closed as soon as electricity gone.

My 600w ups didn't worked in this situation

Does anyone have idea why my ups didn't give power during running of furmark benchmark test.

It's weird

What i m suspecting that psu was drawing more than 600w during the benchmark test and my ups had limitation of 600w and it didn't survived.

My specs are
I5 8600k
Z390 a pro mobo
Msi rtx 2080 Gaming trio

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
ok

what about others Prime TX, Focus series.

Focus is a lower end model, still excellent. Prime TX is the new name for the Prime Ultra Titanium, same exact thing.

Sir,

What is the best top line series in the seasonic PSU

for 850W and 750 W

And main difference between the Prime titanium and Prime ultra titanium

and which one will you recommend in Seasonic Brand PSU in both 750 and 850W

I am getting good deal on Newegg site.

Prime Titanium was replaced by Prime Ultra Titanium. Basically same thing some tiny updates.

Basically between Prime TX, Prime Ultra Titanium, and Prime Titanium they are all almost identical product, get whichever one is cheapest.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Focus is a lower end model, still excellent. Prime TX is the new name for the Prime Ultra Titanium, same exact thing.

Prime Titanium was replaced by Prime Ultra Titanium. Basically same thing some tiny updates.

Basically between Prime TX, Prime Ultra Titanium, and Prime Titanium they are all almost identical product, get whichever one is cheapest.

Hows the prime snowsilent 750w titanium

Is that equivalent to prime ultra 750w titanium?

I see no difference between them over site

@jonnyguru What is exact difference between Seasonic 750W titanium and Prime ultra 750 W Titanium?

Is there any main difference?

Last edited:

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Hows the prime snowsilent 750w titanium

Is that equivalent to prime ultra 750w titanium?

I see no difference between them over site

@jonnyguru What is exact difference between Seasonic 750W titanium and Prime ultra 750 W Titanium?

Is there any main difference?

Its the same thing but white.

There is no "Seasonic 750w Titanium" There is the Prime Titanium and Prime Ultra Titanium. They are identical as I said. There were some tiny updates made for the Ultra series like removing inline capacitors. There is 0 performance difference and both have a 10 year warranty.

Hey,

How's the be quiet Dark Power Pro 11 850W PSU?

I see it's a on a Top list.

And its OEM as well Seasonic

Its a good quality unit, it is NOT made by Seasonic but by FSP. It is an older model from 2015, nothing wrong with it. Seasonic is better.

Reactions: digitalgriffin

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Who is the top 3 oem in psu industry?

In quality, reliability and best selling?

Thank you

@jonnyguru is probably better equipped to respond to this than me but I would say

Seasonic
Superflower
FSP

BUT with a caveat. Superflower and FSP build PSUs to a spec from a manufacturer (as does CWT and others) . They are perfectly capable of making a bad PSU and have in the past, if thats the spec and design they are given and paid to build.

Thats why you need to find a particular model and look for related reviews, those will tell the tale.

@jonnyguru is probably better equipped to respond to this than me but I would say

Seasonic
Superflower
FSP

Definitely not. Maybe in the micro-chasm of a forum filled with enthusiasts that tend to buy niche products, but not in reality.

Despite having great engineering teams, Seasonic and SuperFlower are tiny. They have only two assembly lines (compared to most others that have 6 to a couple dozen) and all of their SMT and PCBA is outsourced to the lowest bidder. Sometimes they don't even do their own final assembly and outsource to other assembly lines when they exceed their own's capacity. This puts things like "quality" and "reliability" into question.

FSP, CWT, Great Wall, Chicony (Hi Pro), Delta, HEC, Acbel.... THOSE are the big OEMs in the industry. Each of them probably producing at least 10 times more product than Seasonic and Super Flower combined. Even High Power (Sirfa) has a larger factory and produces more units. HEC, for example has two factories in China and one in Taiwan. CWT has one in China AND Vietnam. FSP, GW, Acbel have MULTIPLE China factories.

Typically the reason their quality is put into question is because they are SO vertically integrated that they can build anything for anyone. From the crappiest Thermaltake Smart PSU all the way up to a Thermaltake iRGB or Corsair HXi.

A good resource for who makes what is this site: http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html

Also, Orion has a good site with some of the OEMs and some of the paltforms they'll use across different models: http://orionpsudb.com/platforms

Reactions: digitalgriffin

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Typically the reason their quality is put into question is because they are SO vertically integrated that they can build anything for anyone. From the crappiest Thermaltake Smart PSU all the way up to a Thermaltake iRGB or Corsair HXi.

A good resource for who makes what is this site: http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html

Also, Orion has a good site with some of the OEMs and some of the paltforms they'll use across different models: http://orionpsudb.com/platforms

Right hence what I said you're better off checking reviews than going by manufacturer, because they build what they are contracted to build.

Sadly that Orion site has been dead since late 2018, I don't think it will be updated anymore.

We will have to agree to disagree regarding Seasonic and quality, we have had this discussion before. You may question quality and you may say they outsource to the lowest bidder but they literally advertise based on quality by sending out review units from Newegg stock, meaning the unit is as random as it gets, and I have yet to see one get a poor review. They must be pretty confident in their 3rd party suppliers to do that.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Thanks @jonnyguru

Now i m really get confused which power supply should i opt

I m reading lot about psu and mostly people said seasonic has best oem in the world .

But seasonic is not available in India. If it's available then it too costly. But i can buy if its too best.

And psu expert @jonnyguru has given exact right data to me. Thanks sir.

Now really confused which brand should i opt.

If i have to buy in below category. Could you please suggest last time the exact model of any brand in best in your knowledge where you know it has best reviewed.

750w
850w
1000w

Thank you

Thanks @jonnyguru

Now i m really get confused which power supply should i opt

I m reading lot about psu and mostly people said seasonic has best oem in the world .

But seasonic is not available in India. If it's available then it too costly. But i can buy if its too best.

And psu expert @jonnyguru has given exact right data to me. Thanks sir.

Now really confused which brand should i opt.

If i have to buy in below category. Could you please suggest last time the exact model of any brand in best in your knowledge where you know it has best reviewed.

750w
850w
1000w

Thank you

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

We will have to agree to disagree regarding Seasonic and quality, we have had this discussion before. You may question quality and you may say they outsource to the lowest bidder but they literally advertise based on quality by sending out review units from Newegg stock, meaning the unit is as random as it gets, and I have yet to see one get a poor review. They must be pretty confident in their 3rd party suppliers to do that.

Hard to screw up when you make dozens of PSUs. ;-)

I hear more about Hyundais catching fire than Teslas. Does that mean Hyundais catch fire at a higher percentage? ;-)

I'm done with the Seasonic discussion. You know I work with them now and have been to their factory, third party suppliers, etc. I know what I know. You know what you know. That's it.

Reactions: Rogue Leader
Definitely not. Maybe in the micro-chasm of a forum filled with enthusiasts that tend to buy niche products, but not in reality.

Despite having great engineering teams, Seasonic and SuperFlower are tiny. They have only two assembly lines (compared to most others that have 6 to a couple dozen) and all of their SMT and PCBA is outsourced to the lowest bidder. Sometimes they don't even do their own final assembly and outsource to other assembly lines when they exceed their own's capacity. This puts things like "quality" and "reliability" into question.

FSP, CWT, Great Wall, Chicony (Hi Pro), Delta, HEC, Acbel.... THOSE are the big OEMs in the industry. Each of them probably producing at least 10 times more product than Seasonic and Super Flower combined. Even High Power (Sirfa) has a larger factory and produces more units. HEC, for example has two factories in China and one in Taiwan. CWT has one in China AND Vietnam. FSP, GW, Acbel have MULTIPLE China factories.

I was about to say FSP and Great Wall. I didn't know about CWT. I know Great Wall supplies a lot of units to OEMs.

Reactions: jonnyguru
I was about to say FSP and Great Wall. I didn't know about CWT. I know Great Wall supplies a lot of units to OEMs.

Unfortunately, what keeps companies like FSP, CWT, High Power, Delta, etc. from being the biggest OEMs is the fact that they're not Chinese companies. Almost all of the PSU factories are in China (or at least any that do any kind of volume), but if you're not a Chinese company, you can't 100% own your own factory. The government has a controlling interest. And if you're a Chinese company making PSUs in China, you get government funding and other Chinese companies get incentives for using other Chinese companies! It's a very good ol' boy system.

Problem with the Chinese based companies: They'll never build off shore. So if I need something built in Vietnam or Taiwan or even Thailand or wherever to avoid the 25% tariffs we're dealing with right now, I can't get any traction with Great Wall or Huntkey. :(

Unfortunately, what keeps companies like FSP, CWT, High Power, Delta, etc. from being the biggest OEMs is the fact that they're not Chinese companies. Almost all of the PSU factories are in China (or at least any that do any kind of volume), but if you're not a Chinese company, you can't 100% own your own factory. The government has a controlling interest. And if you're a Chinese company making PSUs in China, you get government funding and other Chinese companies get incentives for using other Chinese companies! It's a very good ol' boy system.

Problem with the Chinese based companies: They'll never build off shore. So if I need something built in Vietnam or Taiwan or even Thailand or wherever to avoid the 25% tariffs we're dealing with right now, I can't get any traction with Great Wall or Huntkey. :(

Our industry has the same issue. If you have a company in China you can't own 100% of it. The government gets a controlling interest. This rule was put into effect after the 2007-2009 market crash. Millions were laid off and they don't have the social infrastructure to support those who were laid off. China doesn't have an equivalent of unemployment insurance or social security like we do in the states. It created massive rip-tide effects as the younger were tasked to take care of the elders. As the younger generation were laid off it meant multiple generations were affected.

So to make sure this didn't happen again the government said, "You have to get our approval to lay off X amount of people." This is how a controlling interest was achieved in China.

I would love it if got out of China. They have a "self sufficient depend on no one" & "manipulating currency to get to the top" policy that really doesn't play fair with the rest of the world.

BTW: Love your reviews. :) (Not to brown nose)

Reactions: jonnyguru

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
@jonnyguru In all the internet, Seasonic is the best OEM listed where-ever you see.

Even on your forums, you have given 9.8 rating of Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium PSU. which is the highest rating available.

Doesn't matter Seasonic is tiny or bigger. It has best quality capacitor and 100% rating all over the Internet

@jonnyguru In all the internet, Seasonic is the best OEM listed where-ever you see.

Even on your forums, you have given 9.8 rating of Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium PSU. which is the highest rating available.

Doesn't matter Seasonic is tiny or bigger. It has best quality capacitor and 100% rating all over the Internet

Actually, "10" is the highest rating. ;-)

And they use the same capacitors as everyone else. There are no exclusive "Seasonic quality capacitors".

And a PSU is so much more than a box of capacitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.