[SOLVED] UPS recommendation

SzynekZ

Prominent
Nov 23, 2019
Hello,

For the last couple of months, I'm experiencing some odd electricity problems; every couple days, lights dim, the power is out, then back on, then out again and so on (every ~3-5 seconds); all of this can last couple of minutes. My PC's response, is to try to automatically turn on after power is back on, which abruptly ends, after another outage, then it tries again etc... you get the idea; correct my if I'm wrong, but I assume that this cannot be healthy for my computer, or any electronics for that matter. As a side note: no, it's not a problem on my end, as everything around me (neighbour's houses) goes dark during the outage.

Because of that, I'm looking for some PSU recommendation. I have little to no knowledge when it comes to that, so I would appreciate any recommendations.

My expectations are:
  • I live in Poland, so it has to support / work with 230V / 50 Hz (I think it's different than in the US).
  • At least couple of minutes when it comes to battery life.
  • Immediate power source switch (in order for my PC to still work even when power turns off/on like crazy every couple seconds).
  • Very little or 0 noise when it is not being used.
  • At least 2 sockets (PC + monitor).
  • Relatively high wattage, in order for UPS to work event after upgrade (I'm probably gonna buy eg. new GPU in 2-3 years...).
  • Price 300-400 PLN (~100$).
My current specs are:

I was thinking about this (a bit over the budget), what do you think? --> https://www.x-kom.pl/p/546065-zasil...n-cell-ups-1500va-900w-4x-schuko-avr-lcd.html

Solution
I have been using a Back-UPS Pro green by APC for the last few years. The battery died after 5 years and replacement was rather easy, even though I had to take it up with APC directly because the first replacement they sent me was faulty. Another identical one I use at work works flawlessly with a new battery too. I pilot it through my Synology NAS and it bears my PC, DSL box, and NAS at once. Brown-outs don't scare me anymore. It has a smart feature that allows it to shut down a plug when the main doesn't take much power, I plugged my screen and sound system on it so that they shut down after a few seconds when I power my computer off.
I have been using a Back-UPS Pro green by APC for the last few years. The battery died after 5 years and replacement was rather easy, even though I had to take it up with APC directly because the first replacement they sent me was faulty. Another identical one I use at work works flawlessly with a new battery too. I pilot it through my Synology NAS and it bears my PC, DSL box, and NAS at once. Brown-outs don't scare me anymore. It has a smart feature that allows it to shut down a plug when the main doesn't take much power, I plugged my screen and sound system on it so that they shut down after a few seconds when I power my computer off.

Solution
Hello,

For the last couple of months, I'm experiencing some odd electricity problems; every couple days, lights dim, the power is out, then back on, then out again and so on (every ~3-5 seconds); all of this can last couple of minutes. My PC's response, is to try to automatically turn on after power is back on, which abruptly ends, after another outage, then it tries again etc... you get the idea; correct my if I'm wrong, but I assume that this cannot be healthy for my computer, or any electronics for that matter. As a side note: no, it's not a problem on my end, as everything around me (neighbour's houses) goes dark during the outage.

Because of that, I'm looking for some PSU recommendation. I have little to no knowledge when it comes to that, so I would appreciate any recommendations.

My expectations are:
  • I live in Poland, so it has to support / work with 230V / 50 Hz (I think it's different than in the US).
  • At least couple of minutes when it comes to battery life.
  • Immediate power source switch (in order for my PC to still work even when power turns off/on like crazy every couple seconds).
  • Very little or 0 noise when it is not being used.
  • At least 2 sockets (PC + monitor).
  • Relatively high wattage, in order for UPS to work event after upgrade (I'm probably gonna buy eg. new GPU in 2-3 years...).
  • Price 300-400 PLN (~100$).
My current specs are:

I was thinking about this (a bit over the budget), what do you think? --> https://www.x-kom.pl/p/546065-zasil...n-cell-ups-1500va-900w-4x-schuko-avr-lcd.html
I have a 2070 Super, R5 3600. I use an APC BX1100C. 230V, 660W. My system power usage was around 480W according to outer vision I think, I can't remember clearly. This ups cost me $80. Totally worth the money. You don't need 900W certainlu. Unless you have like 4 monitors connected to it and something else.