[SOLVED] UPS recommendations for a 1300watt PSU and 2x3090 System

May 30, 2022
Hi, I am a 3D artist living in Mexico. There is frequent powercuts here and I need a battery backup for 2 reason:

1. save my PC from being fried and corrupt files.
  2. Run for a few minutes while the power comes back on and hopefully not interrupt renders.

Does a UPS exist that can support my system?

I want ideally something that can last an hour but I imagine this is industrial scale? maybe 30 mins will do then.

Any recommendations would be great. Bearing in mind Mexican market is limited.

thanks

Solution
thanks for your reply.

When rendering the PC is for sure using close to 1300 watts.
So would 2000VA be suitable? How much battery life time would that give me? 15 mins? thanks
It depends on how many supplemental battery packs you use.
Without measured usage, you are guessing.
Your best choice is to buy a used commercial UPS and buy new batteries.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi, I am a 3D artist living in Mexico. There is frequent powercuts here and I need a battery backup for 2 reason:

1. save my PC from being fried and corrupt files.
  2. Run for a few minutes while the power comes back on and hopefully not interrupt renders.
Does a UPS exist that can support my system?

I want ideally something that can last an hour but I imagine this is industrial scale? maybe 30 mins will do then.

Any recommendations would be great. Bearing in mind Mexican market is limited.

thanks
You really need to measure your peak wattage. Mexico having 127 VAC the largest UPS you can probably get is a 2000VA unit. A large UPS is expensive.

May 30, 2022
You really need to measure your peak wattage. Mexico having 127 VAC the largest UPS you can probably get is a 2000VA unit. A large UPS is expensive.

thanks for your reply.

So would 2000VA be suitable? How much battery life time would that give me? 15 mins? thanks

kanewolf

Titan
thanks for your reply.

It depends on how many supplemental battery packs you use.
Without measured usage, you are guessing.
Your best choice is to buy a used commercial UPS and buy new batteries.

Solution