[SOLVED] UPS Replacement Batteries?

Apr 1, 2020
I wasn't sure if this was the correct place to ask this - but since the power supply has a bearing on the load capacity you pick for your UPS, I figured this was a good place to start.

I currently have 3 UPS'. One of them is on my main system, the other 2 currently are not hooked up, but I would like to utilize them. I need to replace the batteries in all 3 of them, but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out if they all use the same battery or if I have to get separate ones for all 3 of them. Here is a list of the UPS' I have:

1. CyberPower 1500VA AVR (I have my primary PC hooked up to this one):
  2. APC Back-UPS ES 750 (BE750G):
  3. APC BACK-UPS XS 1300 (BX1300LCD):
I was talking with my dad, who also works in the IT industry like I do (although he's been in the industry since the 1970's and also went to electrical school to work on computer hardware), and he said they all appear to be the same batteries: 12V 8AH or 9AH, but I would still need to verify if the terminals are F1 or F2. (he did say most likely an F2 on a UPS); & that I should just be able to get something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Battery-Replaces-PE12V9-PX12090/dp/B07DDKGFV9/ref=sr_1_39?dchild=1&keywords=12V+SLA+9AH&qid=1585683895&sr=8-39&th=1

Does this seem accurate? Would they all just be the same battery - or would it be better to get the individual batteries for each UPS? Not that I don't trust my dad, but sometimes he does like to go after whatever the cheapest option is, because if he needed to, he could rewire the UPS to fit the battery. I don't have that expertise myself unfortunately and would rather go with what works better out of the box...

Solution
I wasn't sure if this was the correct place to ask this - but since the power supply has a bearing on the load capacity you pick for your UPS, I figured this was a good place to start.

I currently have 3 UPS'. One of them is on my main system, the other 2 currently are not hooked up, but I would like to utilize them. I need to replace the batteries in all 3 of them, but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out if they all use the same battery or if I have to get separate ones for all 3 of them. Here is a list of the UPS' I have:

2. APC Back-UPS ES 750 (BE750G):
  3. APC BACK-UPS XS 1300 (BX1300LCD):
I was talking with my dad, who also works in the IT industry like I do (although he's been in the industry since the 1970's and also went to electrical school to work on computer hardware), and he said they all appear to be the same batteries: 12V 8AH or 9AH, but I would still need to verify if the terminals are F1 or F2. (he did say most likely an F2 on a UPS); & that I should just be able to get something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Battery-Replaces-PE12V9-PX12090/dp/B07DDKGFV9/ref=sr_1_39?dchild=1&keywords=12V+SLA+9AH&qid=1585683895&sr=8-39&th=1

Does this seem accurate? Would they all just be the same battery - or would it be better to get the individual batteries for each UPS? Not that I don't trust my dad, but sometimes he does like to go after whatever the cheapest option is, because if he needed to, he could rewire the UPS to fit the battery. I don't have that expertise myself unfortunately and would rather go with what works better out of the box...
Those are all different batteries and are based on the power output from the unit. You will want to buy the specific replacement for each UPS from the manufacturer. That way you will be assured of compatibility and ease of installation.

Reactions: thebl4ckd0g
Solution
Apr 1, 2020
Ok. So even buying an off-brand or brand that isn't labelled APC or CyberPower would be out of the question? Or as long as I get the same battery type/model as listed on their site, I should be ok? BC even APC & CyberPower ones for sale just seem to be another brand with those companies labels slapped over top...

Ok. So even buying an off-brand or brand that isn't labelled APC or CyberPower would be out of the question? Or as long as I get the same battery type/model as listed on their site, I should be ok? BC even APC & CyberPower ones for sale just seem to be another brand with those companies labels slapped over top...
I have bought off brand batteries for laptops before that are "supposed" to fit. It isn't a guarantee if they will actually fit and work correctly though. You can try and if it works great, if not you can try and send it back.

fredfinks

Honorable
Echo Punkncat's sentiment.
Cheapo batteries are junk, regardless of type. Its like those worthless AA batteries that come with crap electronics. So much landfill.
The Schneider (APC) batteries are expensive but theyll be of good quality, and last much longer.

Greta Thunburg needs to call out people on buying junk.