Question UPS Selection / Standing Desk Mount

SunRoseAlice

Reputable
Aug 19, 2020
I currently have a Cyberpower 1500VA/900w UPS, but I'm looking for a smaller and more manageable unit to mount under a standing desk. The smaller the UPS the better.

To the best of my knowledge, my computer system under load can pull around 390w: this accounting for CPU, GPU, and both Monitors. I understand this number to be a bit generous, but APC's UPS calculator suggested a 550VA / 330w UPS. This seems a little low.

Instead, I'm looking at the Cyberpower 950VA / 510w. I plan on upgrading the LG monitor in time and to leave room for a RTX 4070 / AMD build down the road. And I'd like to have around 4+ minutes to shut down

I'm posting to check my math to ensure it's not egregiously over. And to see if there other UPS recommendations. Any recommendations for mounts would be appreciated as well.

Thank you

System Specification

Monitors
LG 27GL850: 51w
ASUS PA279CV: <32w

PC
(Riser Cable Recall NZXT H1 Mini Prebuild)
CPU: Intel i9-9900K: 95w
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC: 650/215w
PSU: 650W

Lutfij

Titan
What do you mean when you say,
and more manageable unit to mount under a standing desk
?

If it's under your desk, you might as well use some mounting options typically found for Desktop machines that allow you to hang said machine off the underside of the desk surface(wooden slab). I'd try and find the dimensions for your existing UPS and then either fabricate a bracket from a metallurgy shop or find a similar product off of Aliexpress or Amazon.

Make and model of your standing desk?

SunRoseAlice

Reputable
Aug 19, 2020
What do you mean when you say,
and more manageable unit to mount under a standing desk
?

The smaller and lighter the UPS the more manageable or easier it would be to mount under a desk and put less load on the desk. The standing desk is an Uplift V2 UPL960 V2 60"x30"

The 950VA is 1/3 the weight of the 1500VA and a few inches smaller in dimension - a brick instead of a tower. I looked at several PC under-desk-mounts, but either the weight capacity is too low or the UPS is too short. The dimensions of the 1500VA I have are 9.8"H x 3.9"W x 13.7"L at 25lbs? However, I just spoke with Uplift and they said their CPU holder with a height range of 12" to 20.5" should work. So far, it's the shortest in height CPU holder I can find. I worry the UPS may somehow slip out, but I guess I could add a two inch spacer. Cost wise, it'd be preferable to use the one I have.

TRENDING THREADS