Question UPS Shuts Down When Power is Cut Off

silveraden

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014
Hi,

I have a new UPS which I bought online (Lazada) last May and since it is not covered by 3 months warranty anymore, I cannot return it.
The problem is when the power is cut-off, the whole UPS shuts down and all gadgets connected into it. I opened and tested the battery and it is giving me 12 to 13 volts. I don't think the battery is the problem considering the age of the unit. When the UPS is not plugged into the outlet, it is not turning on at all even though the battery is fully charged. But when it is plugged into a wall outlet, I can connect all my gadgets including my PC and DSL modem. I feel like there is a disconnection inside but I didn't see anything wrong when I opened it. I called the store where I purchased the product and they told me I need to replace the battery even I told them that the battery is fully charged.

Any suggestion is a great help. All the lights are normal.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a new UPS which I bought online (Lazada) last May and since it is not covered by 3 months warranty anymore, I cannot return it.
The problem is when the power is cut-off, the whole UPS shuts down and all gadgets connected into it. I opened and tested the battery and it is giving me 12 to 13 volts. I don't think the battery is the problem considering the age of the unit. When the UPS is not plugged into the outlet, it is not turning on at all even though the battery is fully charged. But when it is plugged into a wall outlet, I can connect all my gadgets including my PC and DSL modem. I feel like there is a disconnection inside but I didn't see anything wrong when I opened it. I called the store where I purchased the product and they told me I need to replace the battery even I told them that the battery is fully charged.

Any suggestion is a great help. All the lights are normal.

Thanks

What UPS and what is your PC's specs?