Question UPS Shuts Off After 47 secs!

Jun 10, 2020
I have an old UPS whose battery is dead. So I replaced it with a new battery. The problem here is that even on no load, the ups (on battery, works fine on AC) shuts off after like 47 secs. I don't really understand what's goin' on. The battery is charged for a reasonable amount of time. Also I can turn it on after it shuts off for another 47 secs lol

Jun 10, 2020
I have an old UPS whose battery is dead. So I replaced it with a new battery. The problem here is that even on no load, the ups (on battery, works fine on AC) shuts off after like 47 secs. I don't really understand what's goin' on. The battery is charged for a reasonable amount of time. Also I can turn it on after it shuts off for another 47 secs lol

How long your PC can run on UPS (battery), heavily depends on your PC power consumption (+monitor!) and the power that your UPS can provide. In general (say, up to 600VA UPS), you can't expect much above one minute if PC is on full load.
That is, when switched to battery use, UPS gives you enough time so you can save everything you're currently working on, and turn PC off -that's it's main purpose. And of course, it protects your PC against short power spikes/outages.
Of course, if you force battery use, UPS might give you some additional seconds. But there's a reason why UPS switched off: to protect battery and electrical circuit inside UPS.

Jun 10, 2020
How long your PC can run on UPS (battery), heavily depends on your PC power consumption (+monitor!) and the power that your UPS can provide. In general (say, up to 600VA UPS), you can't expect much above one minute if PC is on full load.
That is, when switched to battery use, UPS gives you enough time so you can save everything you're currently working on, and turn PC off -that's it's main purpose. And of course, it protects your PC against short power spikes/outages.
Of course, if you force battery use, UPS might give you some additional seconds. But there's a reason why UPS switched off: to protect battery and electrical circuit inside UPS.
well the thing is , I'm not using it for pc. I just want to plug in a wifi router. Only wifi router plugged in, it switches off in 47 secs but with laptop + router it lasted 12 mins but it still had juice left (I don't know why it shuts off).

TRENDING THREADS