[SOLVED] URGENT: 5700xt Drivers make minimum Memory Clock higher?

Aug 15, 2019
I own a MSI MECH OC 5700xt, and without the drivers, on MSI afterburner my memory clock is 875MHz, however with the latest drivers (Adrenalin 2020 19.12.3) the lowest I can make my memory clock speed is 1750MHz. Why do the drivers make my memory clock speed min higher - or is this just a visual glitch?

Thanks

Solution
What is 875 x 2? It's ok, I'll sit here and wait.

One program is using the "base" clock if you will, while the other is reading the "DDR" rate. (The first D in DDR stands for Double btw.) They are reading the same thing. Just showing it to you in a different way.

4745454b

Titan

One program is using the "base" clock if you will, while the other is reading the "DDR" rate. (The first D in DDR stands for Double btw.) They are reading the same thing. Just showing it to you in a different way.

Solution
Aug 15, 2019

Thank you for confirming it is a visual issue, not an actual problem with the drivers or the card. However, I am forced to have a minimum of 1750MHz memory clock - and I see no way of turning the memory clock down.

Is there any way I can turn the mem clock down?

4745454b

Titan
875/1750 might be the lowest it goes. I don't have that card so I can't test it.

Eq4ikkDYTsqPUwmLmd4abh-650-80.jpg

Here is a pic of the 5700XT from our review of the card. Under memory clock it shows the same 1750. That probably is as low as the drivers allow? What happens when you try to go lower?