[SOLVED] [urgent] Cant install windows on hdd, not showing up

Dec 18, 2018
My ssd died and im rma-ing it. I'm trying to format and install windows on my hdd so i can use my pc while i wait for my ssd. my hdd isnt showing up on my main pc but will show up fine on my older pc.

I don't think its showing up in dskchk or any other command I've run using the cmd in the windows install disk. i can install windows on it on my older pc?

i think im missing drivers for hdd on my newer pc(which is weird cus everything was fine till my ssd died and both my hdd and ssd had info on it and was working so idk why it would be missing drivers now??)

I need help. im pulling out hairs at this point.

hdd is a toshiba MD04ACA400 ATA Device

motherboard is ASROCK B450 Pro4

Solution
Actually, you can delete the partitions right from the windows installer. Click on the Drive Options link on the Where do you wish to install to screen. When the drive is empty then click Next.
Dec 18, 2018
what os? is there other storage?
edit: oh and there is only that hard drive since like i said the ssd died. i only had the ssd and that 4tb hdd before i lost my ssd temporarily

Okay so update, I've switched the SATA port and it started to work?? there is no OS. the whole issue was my ssd is dead which HAD my OS of Windows 10 but its out to be repaired and not knowing if its going to take a week or 4 i attempted to use my hdd in its place since i have a backup of my pc and dont find transferring everything back and forth when i get my ssd back.

After switching SATA ports it registered "hey theres a drive" and let me manage it a bit, but heres the catch. i used disk part to clean and convert it to gbt but it wont use the whole drive to make a partition? i honestly said screw it cus it made something i can install windows on and i did. i tried fixing it but i couldn't figure it out.

I'm hoping this issue will go away when i get my ssd back and im gonna try to make sure all my drivers are up to date with the messy installation of Windows 10 and try to fix the drive through that but it would be great if someone gave me a list of steps to ensure i tried everything i should.

Dec 18, 2018
Actually, you can delete the partitions right from the windows installer. Click on the Drive Options link on the Where do you wish to install to screen. When the drive is empty then click Next.
Okay so i tried to format and partition the HDD, turns out that windows didnt back that drive up so i lost all my data(a years worth) and for some reason i couldnt get the windows disk to use all 4 TB even tho i tried formatting it correctly. so i just gave up and im using the 2 TB space i have and im not messing with it till i get my SSD back. Super bummed. If and when i get my SSD back and i have issues i will post here for more help but for now ima be silent for about a week or so. Thank you for any and all help

TRENDING THREADS