Discussion Urgent Computer won’t turn on

May 2, 2019
For the past 6 months my computer randomly while on, has turned off or restarted. Sometimes it would turn of and I’d lightly bump it and it would start back on. Yesterday it turned off and after everything i tried it wouldn’t turn on. Currently the motherboard lights and graphic cards lights are on and I’ve also turned tried jumpstarting the motherboard and nothing happened. Not to sure what the
issue is but everything is plugged in correctly.

If a computer turns off or on when bumped, that is a sign that something is loose. It could be a connector or a card or even a component on the MB, a card, or even the PSU. Trying to find the issue can be very difficult. Generally, I would start by stripping off anything that is not required and see if the computer works. If so, then the issue was with one of the removed items. If not, then it is likely one of the core parts.

May 2, 2019
If a computer turns off or on when bumped, that is a sign that something is loose. It could be a connector or a card or even a component on the MB, a card, or even the PSU. Trying to find the issue can be very difficult. Generally, I would start by stripping off anything that is not required and see if the computer works. If so, then the issue was with one of the removed items. If not, then it is likely one of the core parts.
I made sure every wire and plug was in properly. Also tried to jumpstart the motherboard and it didn’t turn on. Didn’t the paper clip test and the PSU turned on but there are still lights on the motherboard and gpu. Also I installed a new case so the power sw and reset sw cables weren’t the issue.